🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Thank you all
Page options
queeny0216
Community Member

Thank you all

Thank you
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry that you have a sleeping disorder. But I am glad if some good comes out if it.

I guess you can not really market your technique to others.

There are no policies that prevent you from working long hours. If Upwork looked into it... they would see your account is not being used by different devices, different IP addresses, different parts of the world... if they were curious, they could ask you about it. But I doubt that you will be asked or bothered by anybody at Upwork over this.

Working 48 hours straight may well raise suspicions. But working long hours with some reasonable breaks probably would not attract additional scrutiny.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
sjbercot
Community Member

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of job can you do daily for 24 hours a day? I'm not sure if you can run the tracker for 24 hours a day without getting noticed, since humans usually don't work 24 hours straight.

e-commerce. I do them simultaneously. I have 2 manual. only 1 is on timer. Can I fill up the 24 hours in the work diary?

It sounds fishy as can be.

Nobody here understands how you can work 24 hours a day. It makes no sense.

But in terms of how the software works... yes it is technically possible to log 24 hours in a single day using the time-tracker. And it is technically possible to manually log 24 hours in a single day.

Keep in mind that the time tracker app is not a time clock. It only records time segments with sufficient activity levels.

And keep in mind the fact that nobody can use your Upwork account other than yourself. If you are able to work 24 hours a day, then you should be getting rich by bottling your secret and selling it, rather than spending your time as a freelancer on Upwork.

Hello Sir Preston, no worries. I do not have anyone sharing my logins at all. and I pretty much have some sleeping disorder which someone deprives me sleep which I spend working instead, I can stay awake for 48 hours straight and then sleep 5 hours the next day. I was just trying to figure if it was not breaking some policies or what. I am the sole owner of my account.

Queeny Mae G wrote:

Hello Sir Preston, no worries. I do not have anyone sharing my logins at all. and I pretty much have some sleeping disorder which someone deprives me sleep which I spend working instead, I can stay awake for 48 hours straight and then sleep 5 hours the next day. I was just trying to figure if it was not breaking some policies or what. I am the sole owner of my account.

That's ridiculous, and with all the safeguards upwork has in place, I'm sure that this would pop up on their radar screen pretty fast and your profile would get suspended for irregular activity.

Nobody can or should be working 48 hours straight, that is not safe and you can't deliver flawless work when you do. Plus, if I were your client, I would not like seeing you working 12 hours for a different client when at the same time you are billing me 12 hours. You want to build trust with clients, not put them off, this would guarantee you really bad feedback. 

Sorry that you have a sleeping disorder. But I am glad if some good comes out if it.

I guess you can not really market your technique to others.

There are no policies that prevent you from working long hours. If Upwork looked into it... they would see your account is not being used by different devices, different IP addresses, different parts of the world... if they were curious, they could ask you about it. But I doubt that you will be asked or bothered by anybody at Upwork over this.

Working 48 hours straight may well raise suspicions. But working long hours with some reasonable breaks probably would not attract additional scrutiny.

md_faishal_khan
Community Member

Thanks For Upgrade and all Submit

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths