🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » This job has been removed from Upwork, so we ...
Page options
Rahajeng A Community Member

This job has been removed from Upwork, so we are no longer able to retrieve your proposal.

Hello!

I am new here and started sending my proposal to one of the jobs here. The title was Simple Copy Paste and Typing Project. Then, someone from the job sent me a message on Upwork and a telegram account for further information about the project document. After that, I chatted with the person on Telegram, who said she was a manager from Marin Software Company based in San Fransisco. She asked me to fill in my name, country, email, age, and gender before they proceeded. Then, she asked me if I ever worked with any company before, and I answered that question.

Moreover, she said hello and introduced herself as**Edited for Community Guidelines**gave me a brief company profile, and then sent me the official link of the company. After that, she sent me a PDF containing a few projects with the total earnings per project. She asked me to choose one of the projects. I chose one of the projects, and then she sent me the file of the projects and the ToC of the projects (the font, the size, the space, and the document's layouts). I typed approximately 15 pages, then realized that I hadn't checked my Upwork account (is there any active contract or not). I just checked it and found that my proposal has been removed from Upwork, and the job has been removed from Upwork, so we can no longer retrieve your proposal. Are they a scam? I am worried since I have sent my pieces of information to them. What should I do then?

I appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
MALCOLM H Community Member

Yeah, scam. Upwork removed it because the employer violated Upworks TOS. There are a lot of scammers that try to lure you off the platform to retrieve sensitive information. To my knowledge, employers don't go through a true verification process, so be careful about your interactions and definitely avoid people that try to lure you off the platform.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Rahajeng,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this. Firstly, I would like to let you know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

I see that the job was removed for violation of our Terms of services. We are unable to discuss further details on the action taken on other user's accounts for confidentiality purposes. You may want to check this help article and this thread for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork.

We also encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths