🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Tips for finding that first job
Page options
AndreaG

Tips for finding that first job

Hi all,

Welcome to the Upwork Community! We know landing that first contract can be challenging, so we built Upwork Academy and threads like this to help you get started. With a lot of resources and so little time, we wanted to put together some recommendations for you to check out first:

Do you have a specific question or maybe a tip to offer? Reply to this post and share your question, advice, or words of inspiration!

~Andrea
Upwork
339 REPLIES 339
cba43e8a
Community Member

Yes  I am job

4f8deceb
Community Member

Hii sir I am new this platform can you teach me 

a2aeb7fb
Community Member

How to work on upwork

ff430133
Community Member

Thank you so much, I am very happy with the Up work team. Confidence that we will do a good job. 

Kind regards.

40976a24
Community Member

40976a24
Community Member

I can you tell first do start first job then you have any experience is very inmportant for u other wise u not  have any experience then is impossible

3e20839e
Community Member

I need your help please help me 

c8ea77ea
Community Member

Hi, Upwork Team! I'm so glad to have welcomed here in your Community... now also MY community, if you would allow me to say it! I know I cannot only gain financially from this endeavor. With high hopes, i feel confident that i will be able to learn lots of things here, in whatever aspect of life it can be. CONGRATULATIONS to me!

d744dbb4
Community Member

how can I improve myself with vast knoledge.Thanks to all of you.

df5e8eb5
Community Member

Hi how are  you

billijeans007
Community Member

Thank you, AndreaG!

Greatly appreciated.

I am actually half way through the "New to Upwork: Finding work course". Will tske the next best lesrning path.

Cheers,

Bilal

abrahamflowers98
Community Member

Why dont, upwork start sugggesting treelancers to different business base on qualification. I have A doctorate is Medicine, I teach Biology,  Huyman anantomy et6c with more than 5 years eperience and I still can not get an interview. 

3f27b73c
Community Member

Im experts 

50657d4b
Community Member

I am a beginner

64f3dce5
Community Member

hi 

I am Muhammad Hasnain. I work on Amazon drop shipping. Amazon FBA. eBay drop shipping and completed account manager

Plzz help me

ed026ee3
Community Member

Hi, greetings for the day. I am an experienced technocrat with 35 years experience having bachelor of technology degree having rich knowledge of sourcing for the engineering, medical, industrial, plastic industries as well as manufacting and new to upwork. Could you please guide me the steps to follow to get a response and regular work on upwork. Thanks in advance 

1812208a
Community Member

Hello, this is my first time entering UPWORK, and I would like to apply for a job, but it tells me that I don't have enough CONNECTS.... What should I do? How are they acquired?

Hi Gustavo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked but I could not replicate the issue you are experiencing. Could you please share a screenshot from your end so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly? 

Additionally, I would encourage you to check this help article and available learning paths in the Academy section to help you have a safe and successful start on Upwork. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
c02fdd8d
Community Member

How can i get Job or work on this platform?

c8ea77ea
Community Member

Hi. I'm still waiting to be hired as a typist/data encoder. I hope you can find one for me.

Thank you.

7dc9c484
Community Member

i haven't done any job yet i don't know what kind of job i can do 

Dear Rohit,

I just browsed your profile and I cant see anything for which someone can hire you. Even You are new, try getting some skils- it can be Mirosoft powerpoint , excel or data entry or translation . The list is long. Pickup any skill and accordingly update your profile.

Hope it helps

0737d6cd
Community Member

I am new here I want to find job . I am a blogger.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Congrats on joining Upwork and have a great day!
Click the above Academy link for success tips.

Hello, Yousaf.

Welcom to join Upwork Community.

Enjoy hunting! Hope your success. 😉

You aren't allowed to look for work in the forum or post your CV or contact details. Click on the "Academy" link at the top of the page to learn how to use Upwork, and read the terms of service to make sure that you don't get scammed. Also, if you can't write perfectly in English, it'll be very difficult to find any work here; blog writing is a massively oversaturated category with a lot of competition.

99ee0fad
Community Member

Hi, Upwork Member

I have just issued and concern for the last 6 months I spent a lot of connects and did not get even on single reply. Issues I faced are the following:- 

1)- The client is not active after the posting job.
2)- Fake Jobs.
3)- I think due to my fresh profile and low rate client is not interested in working with me.

Please help me out with these things, How I get a better business at that tough Timeline? And also check out my profile and if any suggestions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank-you in Advance

1afc6281
Community Member

Hello! New to upwork, feel free to check out mi profile if you're looking for content creators/SoMe managers/Digital advertisers. 🙂

1e4aed4e
Community Member

Thank you, Andrea.

Those are really nice tips for Upwork newbies like me.

structuralism
Community Member

Pls review my profile and provide suggestions

www.upwork.com/freelancers/mariamu4

Custom profile UR
f1041535
Community Member

Hi AndreaG dear am from Pakistan and I am new on up work and I want earn from making assignment and content writing, essays content rewriting and copy writing plzz help me in this app I don't understand and I want a job of assignment and I was apply on job but they no answered me what I can do if u help me I am thankful to u

65f80294
Community Member

Hey Andrea

I just want to ask you how I can start on upwork community as I am a beginner in this community and I don't have any experience

Could you please help me out

Thanks 

Aimen

7946a433
Community Member

After I end the project with my client, I can't find a new project. maybe there is a solution for this?

85020cb7
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I've tried a lot on Upwork for a job, but I haven't received any response, nor do I get any invites. The jobs that were running on my profile have also ended, it's like I'm new on Upwork. Please suggest the best way to get more jobs.

Thanks..!

umair_io
Community Member

Hello! I just wanted some tips to write a job winning proposal.

What should be the hook statement, how to address the client's problem and how to tell the client you are the perfect fit for the job.

I am open to suggestions, to polish my proposal writing skills.

Regards,

The longer you spend on Upwork, the more you'll become an experienced user and build trust on the platform. Create a strong portfolio by working on projects that match client demands. If you successfully complete a task, capture screenshots or record a video to showcase your work. Then, include these demos in your proposals along with meeting the client's requirements. This approach increases your chances of getting selected for jobs.

f9343616
Community Member

i am first on upwork  i have no work until know so what shale i do 

939d6ed0
Community Member

Hello

9a54557b
Community Member

I want to know how to get connections for free

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths