🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » User Settings not working, profile stuck at 9...
Page options
c8559fe2
Community Member

User Settings not working, profile stuck at 90%

I can’t update my profile settings. It says my profile is 90% complete but I can’t add social media. I also don’t understand why it’s necessary as in the terms of service it states we can’t share that information. Why is it needed?

When I click settings it takes me to password and security.I can’t click on... connected services, get paid, profile settings, contact info.

This applies to both my windows laptop on chrome and my iPad in safari.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Richard,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clear your cache and cookies to check if the issue still persists? Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Please know that adding social media account is not mandatory. You can find more information on how you can make a 100% profile in this help article

For information and tips on some of the essential items in your profile please check this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NikolaS

Hi Richard,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clear your cache and cookies to check if the issue still persists? Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Please know that adding social media account is not mandatory. You can find more information on how you can make a 100% profile in this help article

For information and tips on some of the essential items in your profile please check this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
c8559fe2
Community Member

Thanks for your help the link you posted helped my complete 100% and I understand a lot better now.

It turns out the issue was that I needed to change my password and once I did this I could get access to the links that weren't working before. I login to upwork using my apple ID and that's how I created my account so I'm guessing it's related to that. Really confusing though as there was no explaination.

I find the Upwork site quite a pain to use tbh and there's quite a few UI design desisions that don't make sense. Like to get to my Profile I either need to select "Find Work" or click on my profile picture, go to settings and then click on "Profile settings."

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Richard. 

When you log in, you will automatically be redirected to the Find Work page. From there, you can access your Upwork profile in two ways, which I have shown below. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 12.44.34 PM.png

As for accessing your Settings page, users may need to enable a security question before editing any other sections of your Settings.

As for your question about linking social media accounts to your Upwork account, l
inking an account provides Upwork with additional information that we can use to show you the right jobs so you can find your next client faster. Upwork will not post or interact with these sites on your behalf and will not display the account on your Upwork profile.

I hope this answers your questions, Richard. I will also forward your suggestions to the team for their consideration. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths