🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Videos in Profile Portfolio wont play
Page options
shaikyo
Community Member

Videos in Profile Portfolio wont play

Hi,

I am new to Upwork.

I have created a portfolio item in my profile, with a link to a Vimeo video.

If I click on the item in my portfolio while I am logged in to my acocunt and viewing my own profile, then a pop-up window opens and I can play the video. (Also, before clicking on the item, when I mouse over, the mouse pointer changes from an arrow to a hand, and I can see the options to re-order/edit/delete). However, when I am not logged in, clicking on the portfolio item in my profile has no effect, and when mousing over, the mouse pointer remains an arrow. This means that prospective clients cant view this video, and in fact it probably reflects badly on me that I have a dead link. I have tried to view the video from multiple devices, and multiple browsers (Chrome, IE, Edge etc) and the link did not work on any of them.

My profile link is https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~015764cd17eb55532b/?s=1110580764771602432

Any advice is appreciated. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Avraham,

Thanks for asking this question in the Community. Please note that it's by design that a video can't be played when viewing a freelancer's Portfolio in a logged-out view, which is true for accessing all Portfolio items, images and videos, as well as other profile sections. When viewing a profile as logged-out, there is a prompt stating that the freelancer has additional portfolio pieces/jobs and a link prompting a prospective client to create an account or log into their account in order to review them. We do show only a small part of freelancers' profiles and their work history in a logged-out view.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Avraham,

Thanks for asking this question in the Community. Please note that it's by design that a video can't be played when viewing a freelancer's Portfolio in a logged-out view, which is true for accessing all Portfolio items, images and videos, as well as other profile sections. When viewing a profile as logged-out, there is a prompt stating that the freelancer has additional portfolio pieces/jobs and a link prompting a prospective client to create an account or log into their account in order to review them. We do show only a small part of freelancers' profiles and their work history in a logged-out view.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for clarifying that. I was concerned that the link was not working.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths