🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » What do I do with an unresponsive client part...
Page options
christine_mckimm
Community Member

What do I do with an unresponsive client part way through project?

Hey! I have a contract that was sending full website copy by 20 Jan (which I did well before due date) and received the first milestone payment. The second part of the contract was for two rounds of amends to the draft, which happened to also have a due date of 20 Jan. I have not received any amend requests yet and the last contact from the client was in January when they said they were sorry for the delay. I followed up a week ago asking what was happening and explaining that I needed to wrap the project up. Where do I go from here if I don't hear back? I've essentially done the work - if they don't have any amend requests as far as I see it I nailed the brief in the first draft. I'm owed $200, and I don't really want to not get paid that. I also don't want to be waiting for amendments for the next month either! 😞

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Christine,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have not submitted your work using the "Submit Work for Payment" button. The client has 14 days from the most recent submission on a milestone to review and approve or request changes. If your client doesn't respond to any milestone submission within 14 days, the deposit is automatically released to you. You might want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths