🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » What to do with Unfair Feedback
Page options
agneslimcy
Community Member

What to do with Unfair Feedback

Hi,

I just finished my first project...actually it didn't quite get finished but the client approved the milestone abruptly after I turned down to be paid on Ecsrow for product purchasing and pointed out that I've been working extra and have fulfilled all his additional tasks without asking for additional and yet I somehow sense that he is still not quite happy about it.

Anyway, he approved the milestone/project and released the fund overnight and no communication since then. As this is my very first job and a good feedback is extremely mandatory to the rest of my journey here. I thought by charging him less and completed all his additional requirements without asking for additional payments will get me a good rate but now I'm dreaded to even see his feedback and I couldn't read it unless I leave him one. I don't feel like giving him a negative feedback as I don't want to start off on a wrong foot here. What should I do?

cheers,
Agnes

5 REPLIES 5
iamchunchunchun
Community Member

I was just curious... How can you know it was an unfair feedback when you didn't even see it?

Hi Hiu,

pardon me, I had the air quotes there but it must have been removed before posting, as there was a message saying Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

In response to your question, the client just ended the contract and stop communicating since then...I don't really sense a good vibe there?! Anyway I just want to know what's my best option here before going into it.

Thanks!

cheers,
Agnes

bobafett999
Community Member

Well. You give him your honest feedback.  Then only you can see their feedback.  And that is the price you pay. If they were happy with your work you will get good reviews.  If they leave a negative feedback you will have a chance to provide a rebuttal. 

nahidrajbd
Community Member

I always follow 2 simple rules dering a feesback to client/freelancer. If project is successful then it's a success for both and if it goes wrong or partially wrong then it's my fault that May be I couldn't communicate well.

So without any critical error or issue, I try to give my honest opinion to freelancer and most of the time it was 5. Confessing your problem is good thing for starting your career as professional but always remeber to review from the single good thing happened during your project.

hodgesh
Community Member

Just give the client honest feedback and don't worry about what feedback you got until you see it. If the client's feedback to you is terrible, you can respond to it or ask him to change it after offering to fix or explain whatever he was unhappy with. Otherwise, there is nothing you can do.

Client's going silent after paying and ending the job is normal and not necessarily a bad sign.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths