efstat

Working on Upwork through my UK based LTD

Hi all.

I have a question regarding working on Upwork.

It is my understanding that I can work on Upwork as a Freelancer.  This is all fine.

However, since I do have an LTD company registered in England and Wales, is it possible to get paid as if my LTD is providing the service?

Thanks a lot,

George

4 REPLIES 4
cylver1z

Hi Georgios,

Upwork is a marketplace where freelancers and clients can converge to do projects. This specifies that only individual contributors and not as a company can be considered. 

Untitled

Hi Ryan.

Thanks for the reply. 

It is still going to be just me working on the projects jsut as I am now. THe only question is whether I can be paid as if my company was undertaking a contract, instead of me personally.

Regards,

George

Georgios,

Maybe an option for you would be to create an agency on Upwork. But this would still be considered a group of freelancers that work under a team. 

Please click the link on details about the Agency

About Agencies

Manage an Agency

Untitled

@Georgios E wrote:

Hi Ryan.

Thanks for the reply. 

It is still going to be just me working on the projects jsut as I am now. THe only question is whether I can be paid as if my company was undertaking a contract, instead of me personally.

You could create an agency in your Ltd company's name and apply and get hired and paid under your agency.