🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » client asking security fee
Page options
1shamim
Community Member

client asking security fee

don't why but the clients always asked us to communicate through different other media like telegram,whatsapp. I am really curious if we can find any work here. I got the reply many times but everytime they ask for security fee and the contract ends there. Someone  help me find job. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Syed - It is a widespread trick that scammers try to target new freelancers to either get some free work or, even worse to get some money from the freelance! Don't fall for these tricks and keep all the communications on the platform as possible especially before starting the contract. Also, regardless of the reason, never pay money to the client!

Getting your first job would require some patience and effort, so give it some time!

I hope this helps! Best of Luck!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Syed - It is a widespread trick that scammers try to target new freelancers to either get some free work or, even worse to get some money from the freelance! Don't fall for these tricks and keep all the communications on the platform as possible especially before starting the contract. Also, regardless of the reason, never pay money to the client!

Getting your first job would require some patience and effort, so give it some time!

I hope this helps! Best of Luck!

6093fa9b
Community Member

It helps thanks....I almost fall for it 

luqman_mak
Community Member
baset88
Community Member

This happen with me also, Thanks for support

b_wanzala
Community Member

Thank you, Upwork community, I was almost caught up