🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » contact customer support
Page options
purrvision
Community Member

contact customer support

DEAR UPWORK,

Your Website is soooo difficult to use, all I can say is I hope your competition crushes you off the Internet.... I'm sorry to be so blunt, but nothing online should be this difficult to maneuver, use, etc.

I have spent an hour attempting to do everything your directions say, and I still can't get to what I am attempting.... I AM DONE, and I plan to let others know, this website is terrible, and if I am having this level of difficulty, many others are, and have as well.

Please get off the Internet, or create a user friendly website.

Kimberly

8 REPLIES 8
tsarlybee
Community Member

What happened? Do you still need help? Can you tell us more so that the site can be improved. 

If you just want to vent out your frustration hope it helps you and I wish you the best of luck in your next endeavour. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're sorry to hear you're having difficulty using the Upwork website, Kimberly. We take these kinds of feedback seriously, and would appreciate it if you can share with us your experience in detail. 

I have also checked your account and can see that you are being required to do a phone verification. I'll go ahead and ask the Customer Support Team to reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification. If you are still experiencing other issues, please let us know and we will be happy to help.

~ Avery
Upwork
ruth_bowles
Community Member

I don't find the website difficult to use at all. If you aren't getting the results you were hoping for, that could be due to a variety of reasons, many of them not necessarily a reflection of the site's ease of use.

Also, you message was extremely vague and not helpful, so I doubt any reviews you give of the site will have much of an impact.

resultsassoc
Community Member

Kimberly,

Winston Churchill described democracy as the worst form of government, except for all the others. The same applies to Upwork.

There is no single major competitor. The industry is Upwork and the Seven Dorks. Upwork gets about one job a week that appeals to me. One other board gets about one a month. A European board has more, but the clients prefer someone based in Europe. When ProSavvy (by then called e-works) went under during its new owner's bankruptcy, there ceased to be a U.S. job board focused on anything but commodity services.

Upwork is a good design for high-volume/low-single-price jobs. One size fits all. As a client I've learned to navigate the "find freelancers" function. The problem is that there are thousands of freelancers claiming every single skill. If a niche skill doesn't exist, it's beyond difficult. That's the landscape, live with it.

I've stumbled a couple of times on submitting responses, and the reason was Upwork's design. I cannot blame Upwork, which works very well except for a few niche areas, such as mine. I would never recommend that Upwork redesign itself for me; it's the landscape, and I live with it.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Dear Kimberly,

Hundreds of thousands of freelancers and clients use this platform every day. It's not perfect but it's not that difficult.

If you are interested in helpful tips and advice from veteran UW users, then post specific questions here and you'll be welcomed and offered truly useful assistance. If you prefer to bail out and tell everyone you meet this is a terrible place for freelancers, that's fine with us. Sorry to be so blunt, but competition is fierce enough as it is.

Upwork is far from perfect, but I'll tell you what's pretty close to perfect is their help/support service. 

Just dial them up. They are invariably polite, patient and clear. I've told them if I drop a pencil and it rolls under my desk I'll call them for help. I find all websites confounding. But it least this one has a legitimate support system -- and they don't read from scripts, either. Big bonus points for that.

Anthony, dialing up CS is not an available option to all.  Also, sometimes CS does provide incorrect information as noted within several threads.  Other than that...

craiggabriel
Community Member

I do like the idea of ranting "Get off the Internet!" at a website. Somehow puts me in mind of this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wG_h3U568w

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths