🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » finding it hard to get a job
Page options
28be8f48
Community Member

finding it hard to get a job

Hello upwork team and members, i am new here and finding it dificult to find a job or creat project for my portfolio 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
17af1488
Community Member

hi favour

building your portfolio sometimes might be a difficult tasks, especially when you're beginning your journey, but there are some advices that may help you in building your portfolio

• do personal project by yourself
  • you can do a free work for a non-profit organization, or for you famliy
  • you can also find some websites that give you brief to practice your skills

there are TON of ways to build your portfolio, but consistency makes tha difference

best regards

thamir

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ae1e6e80
Community Member

Hi Favour,

You're not alone, The competition is high on upwork I guess...

I also think not having an earning history and upwork testimonials is also a contributing factor.

Let's keep applying for more jobs, it's a number game... the more the number of proposals you submit the higher the chance of getting invited.

17af1488
Community Member

hi favour

building your portfolio sometimes might be a difficult tasks, especially when you're beginning your journey, but there are some advices that may help you in building your portfolio

• do personal project by yourself
  • you can do a free work for a non-profit organization, or for you famliy
  • you can also find some websites that give you brief to practice your skills

there are TON of ways to build your portfolio, but consistency makes tha difference

best regards

thamir

8844fd46
Community Member

Hello Favour,

I completely empathize with the emotions you're going through; such experiences are common and entirely valid in our journey as freelancers.

What truly matters is perseverance. Maintaining a positive passion and consistently putting forth effort are key components to achieving success on Upwork.

As an additional piece of advice, consider directing your efforts towards projects with fewer proposals. Engaging with job postings that have not been overwhelmed by a large number of bids may increase your chances of standing out and securing the work.

Remember, perseverance coupled with strategic actions can pave the way to your desired outcomes. Keep pushing forward, and don't lose heart.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Click the above Academy link for success tips.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths