🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » identity problem
Page options
hv2292015
Community Member

identity problem

hi...upwork requires full name, so i mentioned here shobha gupta.... but my bank acount is entitled as Shobha only and so is with my all certificates.. what should i do ? please help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Shobha,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to only have first name on file on Upwork. Perhaps, as a workaround you could use your formal salutation in the First Name field. So, the system would know you as Mrs. Shobha. Having Mrs. Shobha would be unlikely to cause issues at your bank.
I am sorry we can't offer the perfect solution but hopefully the workaround proposed above would be acceptable. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
hv2292015
Community Member

hello, i want to change my name from shobha gupta to shobha .. is it possible ? please help

Hi Shobha,

Contact Upwork support and they will ask for some identification proof. It may be your Voter card, Adhar Card, Driving License or Passport. In short, this should be a government-issued ID proof.

Then Upwork will take 7-10 working days to verify your ID. And you can change your name after the verification.

Note: The ID must contain the correct spelling of your name. In your case, it should be only "Shobha". But I have doubt that you have no such ID that contains only "SHOBHA" and no surname.

So, probably you can not do what you want.

Thanks

Sagar

I have voter card and Adhar card named as SHOBHA only as identity proof.... but i have doubt whether upwork will recommend (accept) my first name only ????

If you have the ID, Upwork will accept it.

ok.... thanks again !!

i haven't added my bank account information yet... should i start work and submit a proposal ???

Hi Shobha,

Please note that you need to provide and use your full legal name as your profile name. If your full name is already on your profile, there's no need to update your name.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

sir... all my legal certificates are bearing my first name only i.e. SHOBHA.... i want to edit my name according to my certificates... will upwork accept my name as SHOBHA only ??? is there any way out ??? please help

Shobha,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to only have first name on file on Upwork. Perhaps, as a workaround you could use your formal salutation in the First Name field. So, the system would know you as Mrs. Shobha. Having Mrs. Shobha would be unlikely to cause issues at your bank.
I am sorry we can't offer the perfect solution but hopefully the workaround proposed above would be acceptable. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
~ Valeria
Upwork
aa2b6c7c
Community Member

You should be want to fill a real name, and bank account...

u from

48aab15e
Community Member

HELLO !!!!!!!!!!!! how are you everyone????? i hope you are also fine.......🙂 MY name is RIYA  i live in pakistan  '' I am christain and i proud to be a christain ''''''  i need job so please help me GOd bless you 💝

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths