🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hourly projects
Page options
tariqhassan99
Community Member

Hourly projects

If I get an hourly job for auto time tracking, How would I track the time on my developer's machine then?
I can not log in to my team's machine obviously, and the client awarded the project thinking that I am an individual. 
What could be the best solution to that?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yeah, it depends on your specific circumstances. I've looked into this and Upwork Desktop App does allow you to track time without logging in if your client has enabled the Track time without logging in feature. You check if your client has enabled this feature, open the Upwork Desktop App, and go to Settings > Time Tracking. If the Track time without logging in feature is enabled, you will see a checkbox next to it.
I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
809270cc
Community Member

I guess, the Upwork Desktop App allows you to track time on any machine that you have the app installed on. This means that you could install the app on your developer's machine and track their time that way. But you should talk to the client and explain that you're working with a team of developers. See if they would be willing to make an exception to their auto-time tracking requirement. 

tariqhassan99
Community Member

But the desktop app still asks for the login. 
And yes we can ask the client about the team but I am just saying if we don't for any reason. 

Yeah, it depends on your specific circumstances. I've looked into this and Upwork Desktop App does allow you to track time without logging in if your client has enabled the Track time without logging in feature. You check if your client has enabled this feature, open the Upwork Desktop App, and go to Settings > Time Tracking. If the Track time without logging in feature is enabled, you will see a checkbox next to it.
I hope this helps!

tariqhassan99
Community Member

I think this is it. It should work. Thanks. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths