🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » my client wants to have conversation off upwo...
Page options
vatsagaurav
Community Member

my client wants to have conversation off upwork. what should i do?

greetings all,

i am new to upwork and got my first client. he was reluctant to talk on upwork and wanted to shift to facebook or whatsapp. also he asked me to prepare his report and send him on his email. i doubt about getting paod for my work. how should i proceed as i have very less idea on how upwork functions. please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DO NOT START OR STOP WORKING

Go onto the startpage and check under MY JOBS. All you contracts are listed there.

Active Candidacy means you are being interviewed. If you con onto the job post, you can see how many other are being interviewed.

Play a round a bit and click your way through the various menus. Read reviews provided by clients and freelancers to get a feeling for everything. It takes some time to find and understand everything.

The chart is in # 2.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

@Gaurav V wrote:

also he asked me to prepare his report and send him on his email. i doubt about getting paod for my work.

Go to My Jobs

Is there a contract?

Payment.jpg

ON MY JOBS, I DO NOT SEE A CONTRACT. BUT I DO HAVE AN ACTIVE CANDIDACY. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

@Gaurav V wrote:

ON MY JOBS, I DO NOT SEE A CONTRACT. BUT I DO HAVE AN ACTIVE CANDIDACY. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

It means the client has not hired you. That means he could not pay you even if he wanted to.

Tell the client politely you'll be pleased to work with him as soon as he hires you, either on a fixed rate and fully funded contract, or on an hourly one.

I would also suggest you stop applying for work until you have learned how the platform works.

DO NOT START OR STOP WORKING

Go onto the startpage and check under MY JOBS. All you contracts are listed there.

Active Candidacy means you are being interviewed. If you con onto the job post, you can see how many other are being interviewed.

Play a round a bit and click your way through the various menus. Read reviews provided by clients and freelancers to get a feeling for everything. It takes some time to find and understand everything.

The chart is in # 2.

jr-translation
Community Member

It is ok to communicate outside UW but you should discuss the contract here. Once you are ready to deliver also deliver a copy here so you have proof you delivered.

Before you start working check if you have a contract and use Petras chart.

Also keep in mind that you might not want to mix your private communication with work and create work accounts.

THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWER

HOW DO I CHECK IF I HAVE A CONTRACT? AND WHAT IS A PETRAS CHART.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gaurav,

I see you haven't been hired for this job yet so please don't start working until you accept the client's offer through Upwork and can see the contract under your My Jobs tab.

Please review Petra's flowchart, safety tips shared here and these freelancer resources, and share a screenshot of your communication with this client on Skype.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I DO NOT FIND ANY OPTION TO ACCEPT THE CLIENT'S OFFER.

Hi Gaurav,

The client hasn't sent the offer yet, that's why you can't see it on your account. Please review the resources I shared in my previous comment in order to learn how the platform works, provide the screenshot of your communication with the client and follow up once they respond to your most recent message in the dedicated message room on Upwork.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths