🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » my first job offer from Upwork is most likely...
Page options
31485bf6
Community Member

my first job offer from Upwork is most likely a scam

I am brand new to Upwork as a freelancer. Was eager to get my first job so I used up all my connects applying for jobs with various level. 

Almost immediately I got a message instructing me to contact his manager via telegram **Edited for Community Guidelines**. And I did. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**, via telegram, after very basic questions, offer me a job, and said the payment would be from money transfer. 

When I came back to Upwork, I noticed that the job offer was not available and the guy who sent me msg was restricted to further conversation....

I reported this situation to Upwork... It looks they did something as the proposal status is turned from "active" to blank.

I do not know I am lucky or not, that my first day/offer with Upwork turned out to be a Scam..... 

4 REPLIES 4
imam_hossan
Community Member

congratulation

b76c0c4d
Community Member

Just had the same offer.
It seems like a bot to me, and the amount of money to peform a simple task seems suspicious, to say the very least.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Never go off site and Telegram posts are usually scams.

Click the above Academy link for success tips.

47e4fabb
Community Member

Hello,

I had the same issue. **Edited for Community Guidelines** wrote me a message about an offer, and he asked me to contact **Edited for Community Guidelines**  account by telegram. It is a scam. We are lucky that we noticed! 

All the best and good luck with your work!

Best wishes, 

Kati 😀

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths