๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Support ยป New to Upwork As a Virtual Assistant
Page options
Jigar M Community Member

Account Suspended

I have completed 10 time identity card, Tax Card, resident card, and when started my upwork account that time also confirm my identity and upwork client account in also confirm my credit card and ATM card.

My freelancer massage me I am fraud but I am not but I can't reply because my account is restricted all call me fraud my reputation became damage please fast solution now 

I have attached

Passport 

Tax payers card

Government I'd card 

Election Card

I'm from India please help me send your number and call me and video chat and verify me my all project are stopped 

Please immediately activate 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Jigar,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket on this page and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

~ Luiggi

View solution in original post

1,093 REPLIES 1,093
Mohamed L Community Member

I have open a clinet account used my company, and posted a project and after few days my account suspended, I didn't receive any email, I tried to open a ticket but no respond 7 days ago and there;s no update! 

I think upwork they don't craes about us anymore! 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Mohamed,

Weโ€™ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will contact you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Mustapha F Community Member

Hello

Passed 2 more day and I haven't got any response from support. I'm waiting about 2 months to solve my probleme.

please i'm waiting for your response .

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Mustapha,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The team just recently shared an update with you via your ticket. Kindly refer to it and don't hesitate to follow up with them if you have additional questions 

~ Luiggi
Muhammad R Community Member

It's been 4 days Upwork has suspended my account and not allowing withdrawals. My available balance is $5400 but neither I can withdraw nor I can refund to client because the client has cancelled the contract due to this issue and asking for full refund which is his right. I haven't shared any final project files either to client so he is thinking like he is gonna lose the money + no work. Upwork is causing all this nonsense. During this verification I have verified my identity twice successfully. But Upwork isn't responding. Not resolving the issue. How long generally Upwork takes to resolve such issues? In any case can Upwork take the money and block both client and freelancer? 

Sunil J Community Member

account issues can take varying amounts of time to resolve. It's best to contact Upwork support for specific information about your account situation.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

We understand how important it is for this issue to be resolved in a timely manner. I can confirm that the support ticket you raised has been escalated to the appropriate team for further review. We suggest that you continue coordinating with the team through a single active ticket on this page so that they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Fion W Community Member

1. Account is suspended after I validated my credit card payment for connects (Just bought connects earlier in the exact same day using the exact same credit card).

2. Do as per instructed by email received to link PayPal to my account instead to lift the suspension, but it doesn't work.

It is very frustrating and discouraging, provided I had just submitted lots of proposals and consuming lots of connects. 

Please assist. 

Fion W Community Member

Emailed to Upwork Support. Problem solved within hours, though not sure whether submitted proposals will be cancelled or not. 

For anyone out there can't find the customer support email (It takes me hours to find) : support@upwork.com

Hi Fion,

I see that the billing method in question has been removed. The team has taken action and lifted the hold on your account. Your account is now active. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Inian B Community Member

When I try to post a job it says "We're unable to post your job because your company has been suspended. Contact Upwork Support for more information."

when I try to open a appeal, it gets changed to solved instantly

Vinay R Community Member

there is lots of spam job posting everyday maybe system taking it as a spam. I recommed you  verify your profile and also provide correct information. Try using verified payment for jobs. Hope this will help you. Thanks

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Inian,

Weโ€™ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Saqib A Community Member

Hi๐Ÿ‘‹,

I started my freelancing journey with upwork, I am facing little problem with my account billing and payment method, i added new bank accont details which is added sucessfully and received notification that your billing method is updated but the errors are not removed yet, i contacted with upwork chat support, responded to wait 24 hours for system updates, guide me any expert.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Saqib,

I am sorry to hear about the limitation placed on your account. I have followed up with the relevant team and I am pleased to inform you that your account has been restored now.

- Pradeep

Mariana A Community Member

Hello, I have a similar problem.
They tell me that the account is suspended, but it does not allow me to pay with PayPal or with my credit cards. I spoke to the credit card company and they informed me that they did not reject anything.
I would like to know if you can help me since it is not a problem with my bank.
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Mariana,

Weโ€™ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Paulina M Community Member

Hi, I'm really concerned since more than 72 hours has passed and I haven't received any updates regarding my financial account which is suspended. I need to withdraw my money urgently. I have already completed the directions and responded the questionnaire shared. The ticket number is 47120112.

Please help me since I will also be needing to be able to withdraw on Monday, a bonus my client sent. I understand that you may have too many other tickets but please I cannot let more days passes!

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Paulina,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I notified the team handling your case, and one of our agents shared an update with you via your support ticket

~ Luiggi
Farzad Z Community Member

Today I received this: Our Trust & Safety team recently reviewed your account and found that you discussed arranging payments outside of Upwork, which is against Upworkโ€™s Terms of Service. However I am 100% sure I did not violate any rules and also reported the message or job which the client wanted to pay outside Upwork. The result was restriction of my account.
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Farzad,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and sorry for any confusion this may have caused you. The team has contacted you via a support ticket with more information about what happened. 

~ Luiggi
Jawad B Community Member

Hi there,

I provided all the information that was asked on the ticket and its been more than 7 days and no response.

Can someone please update on the issue?

Hi Jawad,

I've submitted a follow-up to the team to look at your ticket. We'll have one of the team members contact you on the same ticket here once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Jawad B Community Member

Hi there,

There is still no update after the last reply from your team, they are waiting to hear from the client, the client is an external client that joined upwork via the direct contract, he doesnt seem interested in providing the information that you guys are asking. Plus he is also not very tech savvy.

I have contacted the client multiple times to ask him to reply to your email about verifying the identity and reply to the email but he is not very responsive.

For an external client like that who was only asked to use your service via the direct contract, I dont see any reason for restricting my account as I have provided all the information that was requested of me?

Please escalate this case as I have further screenshots of me trying to contact the client even trying to guide him to reply to your email but he doesnt seem very interested.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hello Jawad,

I understand how important it is to resolve this concern. Please know that I have submitted a follow-up request to the team assigned to your ticket. I can assure you that they will contact you on the same ticket here once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Luiggi
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths