🐈
» Forums » Support » Availability Badge
Page options
Saima F Community Member

Availability Badge

Hello, there was a long gap in my work pattern, now that I have returned and would like to begin work I am not getting any success with my job proposals. Let me know:

1) Is it because of the reason the Availability Badge is turned off? 

- i tried but couldnt switch it on as the message said I am not earning so I can't 😞

- So whats the solution for that?

2) Also, can anyone share links to any tutorials related to writing Upwork proposals and pitching in to the clients? I may as well check out those to improve myself.

Thanks!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi all,

You can turn the Availability Badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. Clients will see your badge in search results, recommendations, and on your profile. They can also use an "Available now" filter to see who has the badge on when they’re inviting freelancers to submit a proposal, which can show you’re ready and eager for new work. 

Turning on the Availability Badge is a way to use your Connects to control your workflow and manage your time. The weekly price of the badge may fluctuate, but you control how your Connects are used, so you determine the maximum number you’d like to spend in a week. If at any point the cost of the badge exceeds what you’ve set as your maximum, we will turn the badge off automatically. You will not be charged a weekly rate more than what you’ve set as your maximum.

Please keep in mind that you profile will need to be public in order to turn the Availability Bagde on. If your profile is locked private because of inactivity, you can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Thank you,
Pradeep

View solution in original post

293 REPLIES 293
Opeoluwa F Community Member

Thank you, It is clear.

i was trying to turn on my avaialability badge and It said my profile is set to private or unavailable and on my profile setting, It was on public.

Kindly help me to rectify this as well.

Thank you

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Opeoluwa,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Vladimir A Community Member

Hello. I'm buying Connects, spending money, and it's completely fruitless - at the same time, I see these messages in my account.
You had no profile views in the last 7 days. Freelancers with significant profile views get the best use out of this badge.
You can't turn on this badge because your profile is set to private or unavailable.

Ans yes, I checked my acount is public.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Vladimir,

I checked your account and it appears that the Availability badge is already active now If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this message.

- Pradeep

Alexandra S Community Member

Please can you set my profile from unavailable to available again?

Alexandra S Community Member

I also have another issue, I cannot log my hours on the time tracker, see screenshot below.

I need this resoelc ASAP!!!

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Alexandra,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Ashrik A Community Member

Even i have set my profile public i cant set availability batch, please help,

Reference images attached :

Screenshot 2024-08-26 195705.png

Screenshot 2024-08-26 195924.png

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ashrik,

I checked your account and can confirm that your profile visibility is already set to Public.  Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Jose T Community Member

I'm unable to turn on my availbility badge.

Mahrukh I Community Member

because of connects?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Jose,

I am sorry to hear about the issue faced by you while turning on the Availability badge. Could you please tell us more about the error you get? 

- Pradeep

Rabab S Community Member

How can I work and make my business appear when you make the minimum number to be available to everyone is 14 connects and what I get per month is only 10 connects. How can this be, this is unfair, I can't buy more connects, especially since this policy was not applied in the beginning, but there were incentive prizes with each new task like getting more connects, the rules should not be changed, and the change should require a fair amount of change. In the beginning, in order to be available, it had to be for 6 connects, then it became 10, then 14. I myself will not pay for more connects, as in other freelancing platforms, the work does not require connects, and you get paid after completing the work, part of the money is deducted, so I will not pay for more connects, and otherwise part of the money is deducted from the completion of the work.

The current price to enable the Availability Badge is 14 Connects. You have 10 Connects. Buy more Connects to continue.

Ali R Community Member

Availability badge is not working.

Ivygail J Moderator

Hello Ali,

The Availability Badge is an optional feature that you can turn on by choosing the amount of Connects you wish to spend each day the badge is active. It seems that you might not have enough Connects credit at the moment, which is why you can't turn on the Availability badge feature.

~Ivy
LaMeshia C Community Member

I'm glad you have found a solution but I have found that the availability badge does not matter if you get seen or not. Great proposals and profile keywords and then engaging in the community shows the Upwork algorithm you are active. 

Ali R Community Member

Thanks for the advice ☺️

Eduardo C Community Member

Hello!

I've been having issues with my availability badge. It was on before, but due to my connects I'd to turn it off for a period of time. I do have connect now and I've been trying to turn it on but it showing an error code. Please help me out. 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Eduardo,

I checked and it appears that your profile visibility was set to Private. I have changed the profile visibility to Public now. Could you please try again and let us know if the problem persists? 

- Pradeep

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths