🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Change my Country Location
Page options
Tilde S Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
Nina K Community Member

Hi Luiza,

You can use this link to add your correct address info in the location section of your settings.

~Nina
Luiza K Community Member

Hello! when i try to change my country from "Location" tab, i cannot selec a new country when i get to the phone bnumber tab. i cannot save changes without the phone number, and i cannot add a phone number without selecting the country. Can you please help me?

Nina K Community Member

Hi Luiza,

Please confirm which country you are located in and would like to have on your profile so that we can further assist you, thank you.

~Nina
Luiza K Community Member

Dear Nina,

Thank you for your reply. 

I am located in Romania and would like to have it set also in my profile as location details. 

Thank you,

Luiza

Nina K Community Member

Luiza,

I've went ahead and changed your country to Romania and you should now be able to complete the rest of your address information in your settings. Thanks!

~Nina
Luiza K Community Member

Same issue unfortunately 😞

when i click on select country there is no tab opening in order to select the country. 

Nina K Community Member

Luiza,

I've requested that one of our agents reach out to you to help assist you with this. You'll be hearing from them shortly via an email support ticket.

~Nina
Luiza K Community Member

Thank you!

Hayk O Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to change my location from Armenia to Canada because when I created my profile I was in Armenia but right now I'm in Canada. Please help.

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Hayk,

I updated your country to Canada as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Richard R Community Member

Hi,

I am having trouble completing my profile as the country location is set at UK, and i cannot change it.  Could you help, please ?  I am living in Thailand now.

Thank you.

Rich

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Rich,

Your country is now updated as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Kevin L Community Member

I am not able to set my country location or phone number. I am not in the USA and this appears to be the only option available on the profile submission form. What can I do? I am currently based in Thailand.

Hi Kevin,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address and add your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Annachiara B Community Member

Hi 

I've been trying to create an upwork application. One of the fields asks what my country is but it's automatically set to American Samoa...that is not my country! And it won't let me change it. The bar is gray and I can't click on it.... does anyone have a solution for this?

Hello everyone, I just realized I messed up my birth date (don't ask me how, I wish I knew) instead of putting November 26th I put November 6th. I absolutely need to change it because I don't want any trouble. Is there a way to do it?

Valeria K Community Member

Annachiara,

Did you enter your birth date when signing up?

I also noticed that you created two accounts on Upwork. Only one account per user is allowed, so please close all but one account. Let us know if you need help closing an account.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Yes I did.
I’m not sure how to close my account
Vladimir G Community Manager

Hi Annachiara,

Please let me know if you can follow the steps shared in this Help article and if you were able to close your account.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Annachiara,

It looks like your location was selected incorrectly at the sign up. I've updated it for you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Buhle C Community Member

Hi Valeria,

I'm struggling with a similar issue. Any way I could get assistance in changing it from Canada to Zimbabwe?

Hi Buhle,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Cristalan N Community Member

I started building my Upwork profile, but I made the mistake of putting USA as my country when I currently live in Mexico City and will be living here indefinitely. I can't verify my phone number because I have a Mexican phone number so the code is +52 rather than +1. I am a US citizen with a US bank account so I put the USA originally. How do I change my country to Mexico so I can continue building my profile? I have looked up going to settings to change it, but I don't have that option as I have not completed my profile and verified it with a phone number (I don't  have a US phone so I can't do this).

Hi Cristalan,

I went ahead and updated your location information so it reflects Mexico as your country. You should be able to complete your profile now but let us know if you run into any further issues.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Carson F Community Member

Hi Valeria,

I'm having a similar problem to Cristalan. I put down USA as my country (as my bank and tax information are there) but am currently living in South Korea. Could you please help me change my country so I'm able to verify my account?

Thank you so much~

-Carson

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths