🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Issue with sharing client feedback on LinkedI...
Page options
0 Upvotes

Issue with sharing client feedback on LinkedIn. Error 'Cannot display preview.'

Some users may experience issues with sharing client feedback on LinkedIn.

Error 'Cannot display preview. You can post as is, or try another link.'

A screenshot of the error for reference. 

NikolaS_0-1716283431807.png

We would like to let you know that our engineers are aware of this issue and they are working as fast as possible to resolve it. We will update this thread once we have more information. 

Edited to update information. 5/21/2024

We would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved. Feel free to try again and let us know if the issue persists on your end. 

29 Comments
jkarp16
Community Member

I can't share my client feedback on LinkedIn. When I click on the share opition on my Upwork profile for a specific completed job, I get a message on LI that says "Cannot display preview. You can post as is or try another link". My profile is set a public on both platforms. Is anyone else experiencing this?

LuiggiR

Hi Jessica,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

9ac6658c
Community Member

Hi Jessica and Luiggi

I'm experiencing the exact same issue.  Please let me know the outcome of the support ticket.

759e32fa

Hi Rocco,

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I'll share with you the same troubleshooting steps given to Jessica.

To resolve this issue, please do the following steps:

Disable any extensions or adblockers: Sometimes, these can interfere with the sharing process.

• In Google Chrome, go to More Tools (three dots) menu at the top right corner of your browser window, select Extensions, and disable any relevant extensions.
  • Use an incognito or private browsing window: Logging in to both Upwork and LinkedIn accounts through this mode can eliminate any conflicts caused by stored cache or extensions.

Use an incognito or private browsing window: Logging into both Upwork and LinkedIn accounts through an incognito or private browsing window can eliminate any potential cache-related problems that may be causing this issue.

If using a different browser and/or incognito/private mode worked for you, clearing your cookies should help to fix the issue you’re experiencing:

1. Click on this link: https://upwork.com/clearcookies ** > follow those steps to clear Upwork-only cookies
  2. If the issue persists, you may need to clear your full browser cookies/cache > restart your browser to try once more

If you are still experiencing the issue, you can also refer to LinkedIn's help page about troubleshooting issues sharing URLs.

If the provided steps do not resolve the issue, please let us know. It would be helpful if you could provide as many details as possible. Additionally, if you could include a screen recording for our reference, it would be greatly appreciated.

9ac6658c
Community Member

Hi Annie

Thanks for your response.  I have tried your suggestions across three browsers: Brave, Firefox and Edge.

I have also refer to LinkedIn's help page as you've advised.

Nothing has worked.  While I'd very much like to share my progress on Upwork with my LinkedIn network, I've given up on this.  Please troubleshoot from your side.

Regards

Rocco

759e32fa

Hi Rocco,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

410739e6
Community Member

Hey! I'm facing an issue, although I'm able to do this for Facebook I'm unable to do the same for 

linkdin. When I click on the share option , linkdin opens on the browser and then I'm unable to share it. I tried the same on different devices and it's still the same

759e32fa

Hi Vaishnavi,

Thanks for reaching out to us. To resolve this issue, please do the following steps:

Disable any extensions or adblockers: Sometimes, these can interfere with the sharing process.

• In Google Chrome, go to More Tools (three dots) menu at the top right corner of your browser window, select Extensions, and disable any relevant extensions.
  • Use an incognito or private browsing window: Logging in to both Upwork and LinkedIn accounts through this mode can eliminate any conflicts caused by stored cache or extensions.

Use an incognito or private browsing window: Logging into both Upwork and LinkedIn accounts through an incognito or private browsing window can eliminate any potential cache-related problems that may be causing this issue.

If using a different browser and/or incognito/private mode worked for you, clearing your cookies should help to fix the issue you’re experiencing:

1. Click on this link: https://upwork.com/clearcookies ** > follow those steps to clear Upwork-only cookies
  2. If the issue persists, you may need to clear your full browser cookies/cache > restart your browser to try once more

If you are still experiencing the issue, you can also refer to LinkedIn's help page about troubleshooting issues sharing URLs.

If the provided steps do not resolve the issue, please let us know. It would be helpful if you could provide as many details as possible. Additionally, if you could include a screen recording for our reference, it would be greatly appreciated.

NikolaS

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I would like to let you know that I shared your reports with our team and they are looking into this further. 

We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. 

3776c479
Community Member

Facing same issue

3776c479_0-1712035975869.png