🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Need help
Page options
Dmitry K Community Member

Desktop App Google Log In error

Hello. I registered my account on Upwork through the Google account. Desktop App doesn't allow me to log in by this option. It says: this browser or app can be unsafe, try to refresh the page and try again. This advice doesn't help. What's the solution?

840 REPLIES 840
Carrie S Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to download the desktop app so I can start working.  I've tried on 2 different Windows machines and a Linuxm thinking it was my computers having the problem but same thing each time.  I click on it in the download bar, it has me sign in, and then a window opens that says, "Redirecting. One moment please," and it just stays like that forever.  Can someone help?  Thank you

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Carrie, 

Could you please log in to your Upwork account through a browser? From there, please go to your Connected Services page (Settings > Connected Services), and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your desktop app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Arvind R Community Member

If your problem is solved. please let know. I face the same problem

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Arvind,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your accounts and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your usernames/account email addresses and your passwords. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Nishant D Community Member

you can try using normal email id and pasword instead of google login it will solve the issue

Syed Muhammad A Community Member

Hello,

My Desktop app is not opening and keeps on loading when i try to log in. I cant start my work without it and its getting really frustrating.

Troubleshooting steps i have done,

I have tried to install beta version but it hangs everytime while installation

I have disconneted from my upwork passwork and try to sign in with my gmail account 

STILL i AM UNABLE TO FIND SOLUTION.

Hi Syed,

Please go to settings > connected services > and disconnect your google account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Already did that but still issue persist.

Screen shot attached

Hi Syed,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the desktop app. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Nan L Community Member

Hi 

I have the exact same problem, did they help you fix yours?

Nan L Community Member

Hi there, 

I have trouble log in to my account with the desktop version of Upwork. After I sign in my google account, it leads to the page of "One moment please", but it's been loading for hours.

Hi Nan,

Please follow the instructions I`ve shared in my previous post here:

• Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your accounts and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your usernames/account email addresses and your passwords. Thank you.
~ Goran
Upwork
Nto M Community Member

Hi- I am having trouble downloading the Desktop Time Management App. It is stuck at the log in page, I used my Google credentials to log in and it is still has not signed in. Any ideas?

**Edited for community guidelines**

Nto Mbeng Agbor
Bryan K Community Member

I can't log into the desktop app with the Google SSO or using my user account info.  It's stuck at the redirecting or loading screen.  Please assist ASAP.  I cannot log my hours.

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Bryan,

Could you please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Tesa Nicola S Community Member

Hi, I turned on my tracker and later on realised that it wasn't tracking my time nor was it taking any screenshots. I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it again and now I'm trying to log in to the tracker app using my Gmail account... it's been redirecting for a good 30 minutes now.

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Tesa, 

Could you please log in to your Upwork account through a browser? From there, please go to your Connected Services page (Settings > Connected Services), and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your desktop app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists.

Once this is resolved, please let us know if the issue about logging time persists. Please also check your Work Diary if any hours were logged. 

~ Avery
Nto M Community Member

Hi Avery, I wonder if you could help me. The time tracker is not capturing what is on my screen. It is just capturing the time tracker app and my display screen. I have changed the settings on Privacy and Security. On the app, in the details it has details of my active screen (text) but no pictures to correlate. Any troubleshooting tips ? Thank you
Nto Mbeng Agbor

Hi Nto,

Could you please confirm your operating system and version? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Evgeny M Community Member

Hello.

Yesterday my UW desktop app updated and I noticed several issues in the new version:

- double click on app tray icon opened time tracker previously, now it doesn't work,

- right click on app tray icon -> Memo doesn't work,

- app tray icon showed remaining hours from weekly limit previously, now it always shows "Tracking: 0h".

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.

Tavi N Community Member

I am trying to log into the Upwork  desktop App for several days but I always only arrive at a screen that says "Redirecting" and there it stays until I kill the process.

I use Mac and log in with my Google account.

Please see attached screenshot with the "Redirecting" screen that never ends.

Thanks for support / Tavi

Hi Tavi,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Genevieve R Community Member

Hi

I'm having a hard time log in using the Upwork App, it just stays on a 'redirecting page' once I've entered my email login. I've spent an Hour and a half trying to log in. I've tried using 34-bit, 64-bit, 34-bit beta, and 64 bit beta. I've made made sure to uninstall each app version before re-installing different versions.

Hi Genevieve,

Could you please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log into your Desktop app by using your username/account email address and your password. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths