🐈
» Forums » Support » Email verification failed!
Page options
George L Community Member

Email verification failed!

Hello, i'm not able to verify my email.
The link of the verification mail is not working, landing to a page with a message.
I have tried two/three times with email resend but no luck.

Email verification failed!

Please make sure that you have copied and pasted the entire URL from your email in your browser.
If you are still having trouble verifying your email contact customer support.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

If you need help verifying your email, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~Andrea

View solution in original post

469 REPLIES 469
Christina M Community Member

Hi,

I am not receiving the verification email. My address is correct and nothing is in my spam folder. Pls help as I need to find a freelancer for the job I'm trying to post.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Christina,

I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Burns F Community Member

I am trying to create an account as a freelancer and I have not received any email verification. Every external link to customer support is blocked because I can't verify my email address. The email verifications are not in spam, and I can't reach anyone for help. Any tips?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Burns,

We apologize for any trouble this has caused. One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Mike K Community Member

Not receiving Verification email. Checked SPAM folder and others. Still not there.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry for the trouble. I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Vishnu Singh C Community Member

After enter id and password i am getting redirected to email verification page. I follow the email verification email and also change the password but every time i login, after successful login i am getting email verification page. What to do? Please help!

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Vishnu Singh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you directly with your concern. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Travis J Community Member

Unable to Verify my account through email. saying verification failed.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Travis,

I'm sorry for the trouble. I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Aiden R Community Member

Hi there,

The verification email has still not come through, after multiple attempts to resend it. This includes me checking the Spam and Junk sections of my email page when looking for it.

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Aiden,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please try again to have your verification email sent. Let us know if the problem persists.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Aiden R Community Member

Hello,

I have tried once again, checking my spam and junk folders once more as
well. No luck, it seems!

Anything a support team could do alternatively to help me out?
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Aiden,

Sorry to hear that you still have not received the verification email. I've shared this with the team and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Michael C Community Member

Hi,

I have tried multiple times to verify my email but I am not receiving the email.

I have checked all of my folders including Spam and I have still not received it. I have now tried 4 times so was wondering whether there was another way/something I am missing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Michael,

I checked your account and see that your email has already been verified. Can you please log in and check? Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Wyatt B Community Member

I am trying to change my email address because the one that is under the account is old.

When I add the new email addrews it tells me 'To complete this request, please check your inbox at that email address to confirm ownership of that account.'

1) I have checked the spam box and all other boxes.

2) I have pressed resend email.

3) I have tried another email address that I own, no email verification recieved. 

Any ideas?

Wyatt B Community Member

After waiting a few hours multiple mails came in. So it worked!

Avery O Community Manager

Happy to know that this has been resolved, Wyatt! Let us know if our team can further assist you with anything. 

~ Avery
Axel R Community Member

Hi Avery,

Unfortunately, my verification email has yet to be sent. Even after multiple "re-sends" and also "cancels" and then resending.

I've seen a few topics of similar discussion in the past, but any other ideas here? It's been over 24 hours and I have not yet received the verification email.

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Axel, 

I can confirm that your email address is already verified. Let me know if you need further help with anything!

~ Avery
Kashif J Community Member

I'm not receiving any verification email even I'm trying to resend option. Please help. 

This widget could not be displayed.
" alt="
's avatar" class="community-forums-author-avatar"> >

You have nothing in your profile to verify. 

Help & Support:

https://support.upwork.com

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Kashif, 

I checked your account and it looks like it is not yet complete. Did you see the option to verify your email while creating your account?

~ Joanne
Upwork
Jacob R Community Member

My account is flagged for verification -- which I have no problems doing -- but I never received an email, and the link on my profile just brings me to the support page. An endless loop of clicking on the link, going to the support page, finding a help article relating to the subject that just tells me to click the link haha. Since I can't contact support, I will post this here in hopes someone sees it that knows how to solve this problem.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths