🐈
» Forums » Support » We are unable to authorize your card. Please ...
Page options
Sandeep S Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you

Pradeep

View solution in original post

1,090 REPLIES 1,090
Lovely C Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

I tried clearing the cookies and even used a different browser but it is still the same.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi lovely,

My name is Joanne, and I'm responding on behalf of Pradeep. I'm sorry to hear that it is still not working. I just tried checking, and the option is working on our end. Could you please check if you have an updated browser version and your internet connection is stable? Also, have you tried to use a different billing method? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Angelo A Community Member

I have same issue with my Paypal, however, Youtube help me out. 

Lovely C Community Member

Hi, what exactly did you search in youtube for that? Thanks

Yoga C Community Member

hello, i cant add another card for my payment method, it said "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

please help, i want to upgrade to plus but i cant handle this issue

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Yoga,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while upgrading to the Freelancer Plus plan. Could you please reach out to your card issuing bank to clarify this issue or try again using another card? 

- Pradeep

Amol K Community Member

Hi,

I have been facing similar issue while buying connect, its saying "Recent charge failed."

I have already updated paypal account in Billing & Payment section of Upworks Account.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Amol,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Azeez W Community Member

Hello please help I added my brother master card as my billing method but it kept saying we had issue adding your billing try other card or contact your bank but I kept getting email from upwork that my card got linked 

please help as I need to buy connect 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hello Azeez,

Can you please contact your card-issuing bank about the specific decline error? You may also try adding a different billing method. Don't hesitate to let us know if the problem persists so we can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Azeez W Community Member

Thanks I will update later on this 

Angelo A Community Member

I've notice many freelancer having issue with paypal to Upwork, same as me.

L S Community Member

Both my payment methods (I cannot add more) show up with this error when I am trying to fund a new contract. It has been doing this for two days now, and obviously it's a massive thorn in my side given I'm trying to work with professionals, but being completely delayed by an error that doesn't seem to go away. Banks are not the issue, the cards and payment methods are fully functional everywhere else except right here. 
"Recent charge failed." is the only message I get, aside from the top message of "Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected. Please try a different one. If you still need help, contact customer support."
If anyone knows how to deal with this, it would be much appreciated.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi L,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your billing method. I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
L S Community Member

It's been resolved, if anyone else has the same problem, the solution that worked for me was removing the payment option from the account, then readding it. Seemed to reset the payment option properly.

Preeti G Community Member

error occured "Recent charge failed" when i am trying to take plus membership. PLEASE FIX THAT......... Screenshot 2023-12-08 104752.png

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Preeti,

I am sorry to hear about the challenges faced by you while adding a billing method.I looked into your billing method and found out that your card was rejected for the reason, 'Insufficient funds/over credit limit' and your PayPal was rejected for an unsupported payment method on your PayPal wallet. 

Could you please contact your card issuing bank to verify the available limit and permission to make international transactions or change your payment method on the PayPal wallet? We are here to help if you have any questions.

- Pradeep

Hari A Community Member

Facing the same problem for the last two days. In my case, one payment via Paypal went through successfully, but since then both payments via Paypal and payments via  4 separate credit cards have all been rejected with the "recent charge failed" error.

In my case, deleting and adding the cards and Paypal again does not work.

In each case, the card is actually charged, then refunded immediately, and then I get the "recent charge failed" error.

I tried contacting support, but they said that it was likelythat the bank had put a hold on my credit card. However, thats not the case, as I am able to use all my credit cards and Paypal with no issue with other merchants.

Right now, I am unable to go ahead  with my hiring. If this does not get resolved. I will have to move to another platform for hiring talent.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Hari,

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties in completing the hiring process. I can see that the appropriate team is already handling your ticket. One of our agents will update you directly and provide more information through your ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Portal Centra Kult C Community Member

I also get the same errors when I try to fund a new contract - "Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected", and "Recent charge failed." The bank is also not a problem in my case, as I am able to make payments everywhere else except here. Please help! 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi there,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Petrando R Community Member

Screenshot 2024-02-15 202751.png

I experience the same issue just now, even though I already bought connects using this same card couple weeks ago. Now it is "recent charge failed". Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Petrando,

~ Luiggi
Gurpreet S Community Member

Hello,
I am new here. I have added a verified Billing Method, and my profile is verified. I have sufficient balance in my bank account. I tried to recharge Connects but I am getting a 'Recharge Failed' message for no reason. I have tried my card for other (non-Upwork) payments and it is working. I have no other payment method. I have PayPal,  but that is also linked to the same card.
What should I do?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Gurpreet,

I'm sorry you're having trouble using your billing method. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths