🐈
» Forums » Support » [HELP] ICICI Bank IFSC Code not available on ...
Page options
Suraj S Community Member

[HELP] ICICI Bank IFSC Code not available on Upwork

I'm trying to add my ICICI bank to Upwork but Upwork doesn't identify my bank through IFSC Code. 
I tried to add an address but the address field is too short to add the complete address. 

I've been trying to reach support but the Get Help button was grayed out. 

The missing IFSC code: ICIC0007392

Kindly, help! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nikola S Moderator

Hi All,

I am writing to you to let you know that our team was able to resolve the issue related to ICICI Bank Code. Could you please try to re-add your payment information?

Update: since the issue has been resolved, we will be closing this thread.

Thank you for your patience,

~ Nikola

View solution in original post

121 REPLIES 121
Preshit D Community Member

I'm having the same issue today with my ICICI bank account. I'd successfully withdrawn funds in the past. Upwork support is responding to this issue, but the ICICI bank is not even responding. Please fix this issue or at least guide us on what to do next.

Hamendra S Community Member

Hello, is the issue fixed?

Mukesh S Community Member

Hello, is this issue is resolved? I am also facing the same issue.

Esteban F Community Member

Hello, would it be possible to have an update on this? My question is if this is an Upwork error or that US government is restricting bank movements to India?

If I would not be able to get paid I don't see productive to continue tracking hours and I have to talk to my client about this problem.

Thanks

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Esteban,

Thank you for your message. I would like to clarify that there are no restrictions placed on fund movements to India or the said bank. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Pradeep Hi, 

Can you share with me the status of the issue? Was resolved? I wasn't able to transfer money from Upwork to my account due to this problem.

An update on the issue would be very helpful. Even if it's not yet solved but what is the findings on the issue. Thanks

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Esteban,

Thank you for your message. I am unable to share the status of other users' inquiries. Could you please tell us more about the challenges you face while trying to transfer funds? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Pradeep, Hi.

My problem is not adding a new account. My problem was getting paid. I got 

SWIFT code ICIC0004024 is OFAC restricted. MOP #6347385 is deleted. New disbursement preferred UPM is Optional[xxxxxxx]. 

And I'm wondering if I will be able to get paid, so adding more work hours right now is in doubt. 

NOTE: I was being paid to that account for many years and regularly.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Esteban,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Hamendra S Community Member

Jaydeep J Community Member

Hello Avery,

Can you Please Look into this matter on Priority Base, It looks like Every Freelancer on Upwork with ICICI Bank Accounts Payment Method have Issues, And Even INDIA and Its Banks are not on the OFAC list?

Can you Forward this matter to Higher Authorities Upwork Team?

Thanks.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Jaydeep,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket. One of our team members will reach out to you via the same ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Mohamed J Community Member

Is the issue resolved? I have two issues with UpWork account and raised ticket 21 hours ago. Till it is not assigned to anyone. I am unable to get live chat as well. Need immediate support

Hitesh R Community Member

Hello Avery,

I am not able to withdraw the fund using my ICICI bank it's showing below the message.

Due to US government regulations, this payment method cannot be added. Please add a payment method that complies with 
US legal requirements.

Is India's bank blocked?

Piyush D Community Member

I am getting the same error

Hassan J Community Member

Hello 

I am having same problem 

• When I tried to withdraw fund - I got an email from upwork that payment has been rejected 
  • When I looked into my setting > get paid section -- it is empty now and my settings for "Direct to Local" has been deleted 
  • When I tried to add "Direct to Local" again , I am having error "
    Due to US government regulations, this payment method cannot be added. Please add a payment method that complies ..."
    Selection_001.png

Selection_002.png

Lokender Y Community Member

Hi All,

I am from India and today I tried withdrawing my payment to local bank account.

The payment got rejected and I tried adding the bank account again. It shows the below message:

Due to US government regulations, this payment method cannot be added. Please add a payment method that complies with US legal requirements.

Is this a glitch or everyone is facing the same issue? Support team, kindly advise what to do as I need funds this week.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Lokender,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Arkesh K Community Member

Which bank? I am having same issue with ICICI today.

Lokender Y Community Member

ICICI Only. Upwork team needs to resolve this issue at the earliest. 

Jitender B Community Member

Guys I am having same issue with ICICI Bank,  Please let us know what should we do next ?

Anil V Community Member

Not sure what is happend, previously it was working fine but now I am going to add bank account it was show 

Due to US government regulations, this payment method cannot be added. Please add a payment method that complies with US legal requirements.

Is India's bank blocked?

Vikas S Community Member

Hi,
My payment method was removed today and I am not able to add my Indian local bank account.

Hi Vikas,

I had the same issue today, Upwork mentioned that there was OFAC restriction on my bank's IFSC code too. And upon contacting the support, I found out that they have been having these issues from today from all over India, and they don't have full details.

Btw I am from Surat, India. I am not sure if the issue is from upwork's side or not. Maybe U.S is targeting Diamond industry ( because of it's relation to russia ).

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths