🐈
» Forums » Support » Help with Obtaining Old Messages and Contract...
Page options
Mary M Community Member

Help with Obtaining Old Messages and Contracts to Report a Suspicious/Rogue freelancer

The background: I had a valid upwork account. I hired several contractors successfully to help me with legal docs involving a matter involving our child we were handling pro se.  There was a lot of controversy and misconduct involving our opponents and the "system" because we were pro se. I hired some great freelancers that helped us fight for our son and when we got further than they expected, the attorneys got dirty. I posted a job here and was contacted by someone who was clearly trying to influence what I filed for benefit of our opponent, they then clearly went back to our opponent (a state agency) and told them what I intended to file instead which prompted that Commissioner to abruptly issue a decision EARLY before I could file a motion to compel.  This person also tried to influence me and gave me "legal advice" for "free" and when I questioned why they were spending all this time giving me free legal advice and help they claimed they "just liked to help", Sure, a lawyer is allegedly hanging around on Upwork for free? Doubtful. I even "tipped" him $250 for him to unethically go back and  alert our opponents. The matter has escalated and continued for years at harm to our child who can now take his own actions, but Upwork first removed the conversations and contracts in my account, and now the account was "disappeared" - not suspended or banned and I can log in but it tells me I need to create a new account. They have wiped my record that shows more than one "rogue" account and messages.  - I do have some screenshots but need to retrieve all my history.  Is there anyway to contact Upwork directly to discuss this issue and these rogue accounts that caused us harm in our cases? A court order is a bit extreme and Upwork should cooperate if they have freelancers on here who arent who they say they are. TIA for any help.  Has anyone had any "rogue" freelancers?

1 REPLY 1
Ivygail J Moderator

Hello Mary,

I understand how important this must be for you. I have shared your concern with our team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to provide you with the necessary assistance. You can access your ticket on this page.

~Ivy
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths