🐈
» Forums » Support » id verification
Page options
Roman B Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

there is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Roman,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea

View solution in original post

1,259 REPLIES 1,259
Joshua W Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

I attempted to verify my identity over the weekend but this has not been completed yet. I uploaded my driver's licence and selfie. Can someone please assist with this. 

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Joshua,

I have reached out directly to the team handling your case. One of the team members has reached out with more information and instructions on how to complete your ID review. Feel free to coordinate with the team by responding to their email and they will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Muhammad H Community Member

I have to verify my id on Upwork, but every time I upload my id (CNIC card in my case) I receive a message that Upwork is reviewing my ID it usually takes 1 to 3 business days, which is understandable, but each time I go into settings for ID verification to check if it has been verified or not, it shows that I need to upload my id again. I have uploaded my id many times and this keeps happening again, kindly help me in this regard

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I have reached out directly to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified Badge on your profile as confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Jose D Community Member

I had id and visual verification for several days but it is still pending so not able to apply to the jobs.

what is the solution for it?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Jose, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you should receive an update regarding your verification process in the next 24-48 hours. 

~ Nikola
Bushra T Community Member

Agent please tell me how long it will take to verify my id. It says my tries to upload my id has max out. I am unable to upload my id. Although I am following the instyrctuon to upload but still it was not working and now week has past nothing.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Bushra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Balogun V Community Member

Hi, 

I received an email today that my account will be suspended in the next two days if I don't verify it. I had to run around to get my National verification slip. But the verification is still pending at the moment. How long will the verification of the account take? Secondly, will my account still be suspended if my documents don't get verified in the next two days? Please, I need clarity on this. Thanks. 

Hi Balogun,

I reached out directly to the team handling your ID review and they confirmed that it's now been verified. Please follow the instructions provided by one of the team members regarding your profile photo. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Balogun V Community Member

Hi Arjah,

Thanks, my account has been verified. Also, I have uploaded another profile photo, and I guess I'm good now.

Joel E Community Member

I can't verify my ID and when i click on the link it shows error and ask me to click on Homepage. i can't pick up any jobs please help out here.

Thank you.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Joel,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members has already responded to you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Khalid M Community Member

Hey I am From Sudan and my country is not listed in the ID verfication countires. I was using Upwork using my ID where I was residing in different country. Now my ID has experied so I cant use for verfication but my country finanical restrictions are rescinded since may 2022. Why the country not updated until now ? and how I could verify my ID now ? please help !

"https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/financial-sanctions/sanctions-programs-and-country-informati..."

Farrukh A Community Member

Dear you carry on 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Khalid,

Thank you for your message. Sudan is no longer restricted by US OFAC sanctions, but Upwork does not offer service in your country at this time. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Moazzam A Community Member

Hi,

I have a problem with identity verification. Firstly, I'm a newbie at Upwork and didn't have a Payoneer account. So I joined my brother's Payoneer account in payment methods. Then when payments are scheduled to withdraw then faced rejection and the identity verification problem. Now I have this warning as shown below:

1e04329f_0-1674123354981.png

Now when I try to verify my identity it gives me my brother's name instead of mine in the verification process as you can see below:

Screenshot 2023-01-19 151823.png 

Please help to solve this problem.

Thanks

Nabeel A Community Member

Hi Moazzam,

Remove payoneer account and add your own payoneer or bank account. You don't need payoneer account if you have a bank account. After that complete the process.

Moazzam A Community Member

I removed the account and joined with my own Payoneer account but payments can not be withdrawn as the same issue of identity

Nabeel A Community Member

I had almost same issue and that got resolved by using same name as one in bank account and ID card. Why not just use bank account? Fiverr require Payoneer, Upwork can send it directly to your local rupee bank account. 

Rumaisa R Community Member

Hi Upwork community,

I got my first ever invite on Wednesday and as soon as the contract was initiated, I was asked for id and selfie verification. I understand that the id takes upto 3 business days to get verified, but the selfie should only take upto 1 business day and now it's been more than that.

Can someone kindly help? I'm afraid of my account being suspended as I'm getting quite a good response.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Rumaisa,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your request and one of our team members has already reached you via your registered email address.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Rumaisa R Community Member

Yes, thanks for letting me know but the issue still seems to remain. I was required to update my profile photo which I have done now but I still got "unable to process your ID at this time"

Abhishek K Community Member

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification yesterday it is showing the "We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1-3 business days." note. How long does this usually take?

And my visual verification taking too long to get verify. it says "We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day." I uploaded it yesterday.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for your message. Our team is noticing a high volume of ID submissions at the moment. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review your submission and update your account. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths