🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Phone Number Verification Error
Page options
Tanvi K Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Aichatou,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Sam B Community Member

Hello. I created a personal account on up work for freelance work and got all the way to the last step, verifying my account with a phone number.

When I type in my phone number, it says that it is being used by another account.

I have a client account through my work, but my phone number is not on it. It is very hard to explain but what happened is; I was using my work account to look at people’s bios to get an idea of how to write one and then I went back to my new freelance account creation page and verified it with my phone number and code but it was “logged out” and stuck on the phone number page since I logged into the other account in a separate tab.

So, I logged back into my new freelance account and it sent me back to the phone number screen even though I had just done it when it was “logged out”. Now, it says that my phone number is already in use even though I used it on the same account, it just didn’t actually work.

Please help me to reset this phone number glitch so I can finish making my account!!!

Hi Sam,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Chris R Community Member

Hello, I'm hoping that you can create a ticket for me.  I have used you folks extensively through the years at prior employers so my phone number is tied to one of n number of accounts.

I'm looking to complete verification on a new account and will most likely not have access to the account that is currently using my personal cell.

Thank you.

Hi Chris,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Lori F Community Member

phone number is associated with another account... help! I cannot complete profile. I had an account years ago but I do not rememeber username and it states all previous emails are incorrect.

Lori L Fitzgerald

Hi Lori,

~Andrea
Lori F Community Member

do you know how or when support will contact me? 

Lori L Fitzgerald
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Lori,

I can see that one of our agents reached out to you already. You can access the ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
Ahsan T Community Member

Whenever I go to settings, Upwork sends the code on my mobile phone But I didn't receive a text message verification code not on the Phone and not in EMAIL, Please help me to solve my problem Thank You

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Ahsan,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Jamison G Community Member

Hi. (Similar to previous posts) I too am encountering issue where I want to use a phone number that is associated to other upwork profiles. I need help to consolidate and clear up these numbers and profiles please..

Thanks

Jamison

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Jamison,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Steve L Community Member

Hello - Up account setup it is saying that my phone number is already in use by another account. Can someone please help me with this.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Steve,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Will M Community Member

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone please help.

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Will,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Leah S Community Member

I’m having the same issue
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Leah,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Vanessa Z Community Member

I am trying to set up my account and when I get to the end and I need to enter my phone number to receive a text, it tells me that my phone number is already associated with another account. Can you please assist? 

Bojan S Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Vanessa.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Vanessa Z Community Member

Thank you, I appreciate it! 

Kelly T Community Member

I’m trying to create my account but it keeps telling me my phone number is already been taken for another account. I can’t finish creating mine until I put in a phone number. Can someone please help me with this? I’m not sure what to do.
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Kelly,

~ Joanne
Upwork
Michael J Community Member

I had an account a couple years ago i didn't use, and now I created a new one but it says my phone number is already being used.  Can my phone number be removed from my old profile so i can finish my current profile?  I can't finish creating it until i enter my phone number.  Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths