🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » free connects
Page options
d38e3a8b
Community Member

50 free connects

I recently signed up as a new freelancer on Upwork and I am eager to start applying for jobs. However, I have noticed that I have not yet received the initial 50 connects that are typically provided to new freelancers to help them get started on the platform.

Could you please assist me in understanding why I have not received these connects? Is there an additional step I need to complete or a requirement I might have overlooked?

Thank you for your assistance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

649 REPLIES 649
deac4480
Community Member

Hello,

I hope this message finds you well. I recently created my Upwork profile for the first time, and as per the platform's policy, I was supposed to receive 50 free Connects within 48 hours of registration. Additionally, Upwork provides 10 free Connects at the beginning of each billing cycle. However, to my surprise, I haven't received any of these free Connects as of yet.

I would appreciate it if you could kindly investigate this matter and assist me in receiving the allotted Connects as per Upwork's policy. Your prompt attention to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Ann Maina

Hi Ann,

Welcome to Upwork! When you join Upwork, you need to either purchase 100 Connects or subscribe to our Freelancer Plus plan if you want to submit proposals. Once you choose one, we’ll give you a one-time bonus of 50 Connects to help get you started on Upwork.

- Pradeep

Upwork

After upgrade may I get real projects or not? We expect our bid will be more likely but if I try to bid for one single project which barely 15 to 20 bid one time lost without anything halfway. 

Worried about it when scared of scams 

2659ac34
Community Member

I did not receive my free connect upon signing up to Upwork

Hi Juan,

Welcome to Upwork! When you join Upwork, you need to either purchase 100 Connects or subscribe to our Freelancer Plus plan if you want to submit proposals. Once you choose one, we’ll give you a one-time bonus of 50 Connects to help get you started on Upwork.

- Pradeep

Upwork

What I meant was that I did not receive my 10 free connects for this month which should be given after I signed up

For context, my friend and I both signed up for Upwork at the same time. Upon signing up he received 10 free connects, on the other hand, I did not receive any in my account. It's been 4 days since I created by Upwork account and I still haven't receive my 10 connects

6f724c3a
Community Member

Fear not—opening a new account will grant you a complimentary 10 and 50 bonus connection maybe a few days later.

Thank you

wrote:

Fear not—opening a new account will grant you a complimentary 10 and 50 bonus connection maybe a few days later.

Thank you

No, it won't; read the moderators' responses in this thread. New policy - you won't get any bonus connects until you buy some first.

240895aa
Community Member

Why did I only receive 10 connects instead of 50 as a new freelancer on Upwork? 

1a44ec4f
Community Member

I heard that I will receive connects after registration but I don't receive my connects yet and it's been almost 48 hours

5ac3e366
Community Member

I opened a new account on Upwork and waited for 48 hours but still not given free connects to my account.

please help me.

Hi Mafuj,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement, you will also receive the free batch of 50 Connects that you are referring to to further help you get started on Upwork.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9eeb8393
Community Member

when did this new policy become effective?

2659ac34
Community Member

My friend and I both signed up for Upwork at the same time. He received 10 free connects upon signing up, on the other hand, I did not receive any in my account.

bfd7ce22
Community Member

Hello, I added billing method and 48 hours passed and I didn't recieve anything.

Contact to support.

c21f607f
Community Member

I am a beginner freelance in upwork. I have registered an account and its been more than 48 hours. But the number of initial connects is Zero. I don't have any idea why is it so? Can anyone help or guide me..

c7257256
Community Member

Hi. I'm new on Upwork. 

I signed up few days ago and I realized that I dont have any connects. Do you know why? 

I have some friends who signed up few days ago too and they do have free connects, why is happening this, do you know? 

I appreciate your help. 

celgins
Community Member

Upwork now requires new freelancers to do one of two things before they can submit a proposal:

• Subscribe to Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month or
  • Purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD

After you fulfill this requirement, you will also receive the free batch of 50 Connects that freelancers traditionally received when they signed up.

318fa36b
Community Member

I recently signed up as a new freelancer on Upwork and I am eager to start applying for jobs. However, I have noticed that I have not yet received the initial connects that are typically provided to new freelancers to help them get started on the platform.

Could you please assist me in understanding why I have not received these connects? Is there an additional step I need to complete or a requirement I might have overlooked?

celgins
Community Member

If you signed up after (approximately) May 16 - 17, 2024, Upwork now requires new freelancers to do one of two things before they can submit a proposal:

• Subscribe to Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month or

After you fulfill this requirement, you will also receive the free batch of 50 Connects that freelancers traditionally received when they signed up.

54e637ec
Community Member

I have not receive free connects after sign up. It has been 48 hours. Please help.

Hi Emadul,

Welcome to Upwork! You need to either purchase 100 Connects or subscribe to our Freelancer Plus plan if you want to submit proposals. Once you choose one, we’ll give you a one-time bonus of 50 Connects to help get you started on Upwork.

- Pradeep

Upwork
1a339846
Community Member

I have not receive free connects after sign up. It has been 48 hours. Please help.

Me too and i dont know how to gain connects it says that per month has a free connect

Yes, I am also facing the same problem

ce8b589c
Community Member

1. I'm a new freelancer and I read that upon registering on Upwork will be giving 50 connect to apply for jobs. It's been more than 48 hours now. Please I need help.

The requirements have changed. You now need to subscribe to Freelancer Plus plan for 20 UDS/month or buy 100 Connects for 15 USD to be able to send proposals. After you do that, you will get 50 free Connects.

Understanding and Using Connects – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

But there were some friends who registered same time as me and was given the free connect without buying a connect or joining the freelancer plus.

Upwork need to help newbies with the free connect and then we can now purchase some connect when we must have gotten our first job. I wish Upwork look into this. Thank you.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amaechi,

This may have to do with the time you registered compared to your friends. This update is recent, but Sophie is correct. We have updated our requirements for new freelancers, who now must either subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD before being able to submit a proposal for a job and receiving 50 Connects.

~Andrea
Upwork
ee97d07e
Community Member

Hello, am newe on Upwork, i registered three days ago but have not received connects yet.                                                        Thank you 

celgins
Community Member

Upwork now requires new freelancers to do one of two things before they can submit a proposal:

• Subscribe to Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or

After you fulfill this requirement, you will also receive the free 50 Connects that freelancers traditionally receive when they sign up.

ee97d07e
Community Member

Okay, thank you 

6283e646
Community Member

So it's from my understanding within 48 Hours of joining you're supposed to receive 50 free connects. Okay, that makes sense to me. But I was told if you wanted to receive your connections faster. You need to set up your payment method, which I did. Still nothing. 

The site also said that if you finish setting up your profile (Adding a starting video, work history, and so on) you get an additional 40 or 30 connects, one of those numbers. And I did't get those either. 

What the hell do I do now?

Hi Dakota,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
9dc8d1be
Community Member

Hi,

I have registered on Upwork 4 days back. However, I do not see 50 connects which I was supposed to get within 48 hours.

could you please check this? 

Hi Ketki,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
611d074d
Community Member

i joined upwork 2 days ago and i did not get the free allocation of connect please help

same problem

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths