🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Travelling while freelancing
Page options
luqman_mak
Community Member

Travelling while freelancing

I am going to be travelling quite abit this year, if i am to spend between 1 to 3 months in a country, do i change my profile location each time i travel or leave it to where i am originally from? 
I received a notification to verify my location, i can do that but i would be travelling again in close to a weeks time and so if anyone can explain how to go about it, i would be grateful

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Luqman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that if you are traveling and are away from your country of residence temporarily,  you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly.  If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving someplace, then you should make updates to your account location. Also, it's recommended that you check with a legal adviser if you need a certain type of visa or a work permit to be able to work on Upwork while traveling.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
759e32fa

Hi Luqman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that if you are traveling and are away from your country of residence temporarily,  you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly.  If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving someplace, then you should make updates to your account location. Also, it's recommended that you check with a legal adviser if you need a certain type of visa or a work permit to be able to work on Upwork while traveling.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you Annie

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members