🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Account Security
Page options
9714be44
Community Member

Account Security

I recently logged into my account on my laptop and received a notification stating a login from an unknown device or browser. I'm not sure if this is an error from when I logged in myself on my laptop or someone has accessed my account.

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chris,

The notification "An unknown device or browser has been used to access your account" is sent as part of our security procedures to inform you if we noticed unusual account activity. Please note that the system may be unable to recognize a login attempt when you have cleared your cookies or are logged in under private browsing mode. While it doesn't look like your account was compromised, we'd suggest you to change your password, and setup your Two-Step Security Verification.

~ Bojan
Upwork
zeljkas
Community Member

This is happening to me lately, and yes, my cookies were deleted by misttake. How do I fix this issue now?

zeljkas
Community Member

Upwork keeps signing me out, even though I check "remember me" every time I log in. I also get an email like an unknown device is trying to log in. I checked my browser settings, everything seems normal, and I use the same laptop for the last few months.

Hi Zaljka,

Make sure if you have turned off VPN. It happens when you are using VPN.
Thank you.

Hi Zeljka,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths