🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Am I able to be an independent freelancer but...
Page options
gheorghiu-radu
Community Member

Am I able to be an independent freelancer but also own an agency?

I currently have a client for which I currently work part-time, but I also get from time to time proposals for projects that are full-time positions. In order to capitalize on these opportunities I was thinking of creating an agency and splitting the work with a person from my Freelancer network, so that both of us can cover the full-time requirement of the client.

If I create an agency account from my independent freelancer account, will my account be transformed to an agency account? Are there any risks I should be aware of?

I would like to make sure that my current ongoing contracts stay open and assigned to my personal freelancer account and not have them transitioned to the agency. I only want to use the agency for short-term projects that occasionally come up.

Thank you in advance for any information.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Radu,

If you want to continue working as an independent freelancer while also having an Agency you certainly can! To achieve this, you'll need to make sure you're a Non-Exclusive member of the Agency. You can learn all about it here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AndreaG

Hi Radu,

If you want to continue working as an independent freelancer while also having an Agency you certainly can! To achieve this, you'll need to make sure you're a Non-Exclusive member of the Agency. You can learn all about it here.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths