🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Milestone marked as PAID
Page options
aaef8b8f
Community Member

Milestone marked as PAID

Hi there, 

I have a technical question regarding payments for Milestones.

When it says that the milestone has been paid, can I close the end contract or should I wait for the money to get transferred to my account?

When I go to the 'end contract' section, it says - Are you sure you want to end this contract? You have not received payment and the $xxx in escrow will be returned to your client

Just to be clear, we have used up fewer hours than originally planned, so the information above is correct about sending the client back a part of the payment.

Thanks!

Piotr

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Piotr,

That's right, you're seeing this message because there are funds in Escrow! If the funds you agreed to receive from your client have already been released and are going through the 5-day security period (pending), feel free to close the contract. Only the funds in Escrow will be returned to your client.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Piotr,

That's right, you're seeing this message because there are funds in Escrow! If the funds you agreed to receive from your client have already been released and are going through the 5-day security period (pending), feel free to close the contract. Only the funds in Escrow will be returned to your client.

~Andrea
Upwork
aaef8b8f
Community Member

Hello,

Thank you for your help and explanation.

Regards,

Piotr

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths