🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Not getting a job
Page options
69fbd932
Community Member

Not getting a job

Hi Upwork community, my profile is 100 percent complete with earnings, ongoing projects, and two completed projects but fromone and a half months, I've only received one reply to my proposals, and there's been no activity or invites despite having my availability badge on. Previously, I used to receive replies and invites regularly, but now there's nothing. I really need work. What could be the solution to this sudden lack of response and activity? Please help me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
578814d6
Community Member

Hi Ghazia,

It sounds like you're experiencing a frustrating situation with a sudden decline in responses and activity on Upwork despite having a complete profile and a track record of completed projects. While it can be challenging to pinpoint the exact cause of this issue, there are a few potential reasons and solutions you might consider:

1. Review Your Proposals: Take a closer look at the proposals you've been submitting recently. Are they tailored to each job posting and showcasing your skills and experience effectively? Ensure that your proposals are personalized, concise, and address the specific needs outlined in the job description.

2. Update Your Profile: Even though your profile is complete, it's essential to keep it fresh and relevant. Consider updating your portfolio with recent work samples, refining your skills and expertise sections, and adding any new certifications or achievements you've earned.

3. Expand Your Job Search: Broaden your job search criteria to include a wider range of projects and industries. Explore different categories and subcategories where your skills might be in demand, and consider applying for projects that align with your experience but may not be an exact match.

4. Network and Engage: Engage with the Upwork community by participating in discussions, joining relevant groups, and networking with other freelancers and clients. Building relationships and staying active on the platform can increase your visibility and lead to more opportunities.

5. Consider Pricing and Availability: Review your pricing strategy and ensure that your rates are competitive based on your level of experience and the market demand. Additionally, make sure your availability settings accurately reflect your current capacity to take on new projects.

6. Seek Feedback: Reach out to clients you've worked with in the past and request feedback on your performance. Positive reviews and testimonials can enhance your credibility and attract more clients to your profile.

7. Patience and Persistence: Freelancing can have its ups and downs, and it's not uncommon to experience fluctuations in activity and responses. Stay patient, stay positive, and continue putting in the effort to pursue opportunities that align with your skills and goals.

If you've tried these suggestions and still haven't seen improvement, it may be helpful to reach out to Upwork's support team for further assistance. They can provide personalized guidance and insights based on your specific situation.

Remember that persistence and adaptability are key traits for success in freelancing, so don't lose hope. Keep refining your approach, stay proactive, and trust that the right opportunities will come your way.

Best of luck, and I hope you find success soon! inshallah

Warm regards,

Kamran

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
euphemia77
Community Member

Check on your proposal.  Custom it according to the job you are apply. Do it consistently and you will plan your job.

578814d6
Community Member

Hi Ghazia,

It sounds like you're experiencing a frustrating situation with a sudden decline in responses and activity on Upwork despite having a complete profile and a track record of completed projects. While it can be challenging to pinpoint the exact cause of this issue, there are a few potential reasons and solutions you might consider:

1. Review Your Proposals: Take a closer look at the proposals you've been submitting recently. Are they tailored to each job posting and showcasing your skills and experience effectively? Ensure that your proposals are personalized, concise, and address the specific needs outlined in the job description.

2. Update Your Profile: Even though your profile is complete, it's essential to keep it fresh and relevant. Consider updating your portfolio with recent work samples, refining your skills and expertise sections, and adding any new certifications or achievements you've earned.

3. Expand Your Job Search: Broaden your job search criteria to include a wider range of projects and industries. Explore different categories and subcategories where your skills might be in demand, and consider applying for projects that align with your experience but may not be an exact match.

4. Network and Engage: Engage with the Upwork community by participating in discussions, joining relevant groups, and networking with other freelancers and clients. Building relationships and staying active on the platform can increase your visibility and lead to more opportunities.

5. Consider Pricing and Availability: Review your pricing strategy and ensure that your rates are competitive based on your level of experience and the market demand. Additionally, make sure your availability settings accurately reflect your current capacity to take on new projects.

6. Seek Feedback: Reach out to clients you've worked with in the past and request feedback on your performance. Positive reviews and testimonials can enhance your credibility and attract more clients to your profile.

7. Patience and Persistence: Freelancing can have its ups and downs, and it's not uncommon to experience fluctuations in activity and responses. Stay patient, stay positive, and continue putting in the effort to pursue opportunities that align with your skills and goals.

If you've tried these suggestions and still haven't seen improvement, it may be helpful to reach out to Upwork's support team for further assistance. They can provide personalized guidance and insights based on your specific situation.

Remember that persistence and adaptability are key traits for success in freelancing, so don't lose hope. Keep refining your approach, stay proactive, and trust that the right opportunities will come your way.

Best of luck, and I hope you find success soon! inshallah

Warm regards,

Kamran

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths