🐈
» Forums » Clients » Amend Invitation Message
Page options
sherie
Community Member

Amend Invitation Message

I have a job posting published and invited a freelancer, but it automatically applied the default message without giving me the option to edit it first. How do I edit the Invitation to Bid message that was sent to the freelancer? I only see the option to Decline, but no option to edit or even amend the invitation with an additional message. How can I do this?

4 REPLIES 4
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sheryl,

You have an option to write a custom message for the invitation from the freelancer's profile page. However, please note that in order to achive that, you need to open their profile in a new tab (or window), not from the slider within the current page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you Aleksandar, I wish I knew that beforehand. Seems like the "Invite" button should function the same whether it be from a search result showing a list of freelancers, or an individual profile page.  Or, allow clients to edit the invitation message.

Hi Sheryl,

I already shared your feedback with our team for review. If any further help is needed, please let us know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Just to say that I agree that invites need to be able to be edited, since the one you sent to the previous candidate is automatically applied to the next one.

I just sent an invite to someone with the wrong name on it, which is super annoying, and I can't fix it.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths