🐈
» Forums » Clients » Artist not a good fit for the job
Page options
obinyc
Community Member

Artist not a good fit for the job

I hired someone to put together a poster for me but I don't like they have submitted so far at all and I don't think it's a good fit. How to proceed?

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

Chibuzor:
This is normal, and nothing you need to be concerned about.

Most artists are not a good fit for any particular job.

As clients, we often try to look at an artist's portfolio to make a determination about hiring them, but it is still NORMAL for a client to hire a freelancer (whether an artist or otherwise) who doesn't turn out to be a good fit for the job.

Just close the contract and continue working with the other artists on your team who ARE a good fit. Assign that artist's tasks to other team members. If you need to hire new people, then go ahead and do so.

The important thing is to put yourself and your project first.

You don't owe that artist or any other freelancer "continuing employment." You don't "owe it" to that artist to continue to pay them to produce work that you can't use.

And if you want to know the truth? 99% of artists totally understand the situation and they don't WANT you to continue workingn with them if they aren't the right person for the job. That's art. The artists get that more than anybody.

So the right thing to do for YOU is also the right thing to do for the artist: Pay them for the work they did thus far and end the contract and don't work with them any more on this project. They may be a great artist, but that doesn't mean their work is right for your project.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths