🐈
» Forums » Clients » Auto invite to make Job Post with AI
Page options
7bd0d548
Community Member

Auto invite to make Job Post with AI

Hello

I noticed freelancers can spam with AI for their proposal. So can a client make a job post and spam invites to freelancers similarly?

I have tried my best to find good freelancers in terms of profesionalism attitude here, but it seems, all depends on luck. I feels only 1 out 100 hired freelancers are behaving professionally. What I meant is that, these are how I perceived professionalism in the freelancer's attitude :

1. Responsif (because of this, I keep making tickets and requests to upwork support so that the freelancers to respond me)

2. Responsible (prioritize our job over their other things)

3. Agile, Finish the job on time (fast delivery)

4. Competent (skill are perceived last, because as long as they behave like those three above, they can learn what the task are)

But then, I feels being missed treated by many (if not most) of the freelancers because they are iresponsive, does not prioritze our job over their other life priorities, slow always delayed, eventually they give up. I have tried funded different amounts ranging from milestone of $10, $30, $50, $100, $200 but I see no difference in terms of motivation. I have tried to be polite in my communication also, but still no luck. BUT, I have tried hired 10-20 as paid test, then I usually gets 1 good freelancer, so that's the problem here. 

1. Now upwork puts initiation fee, that will makes it hard for us to do those paid test.

(ref : https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/Contract-initiation-fee-to-10-Isnt-way-too-much/m-p/1479771#...)

So please tell me how to find that 1 good freelancer ?

(ref : https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/Leaver-Freelancers/m-p/1481975#M99376)

2. Upwork forbids to post multiple job post at once, it's for me so that I can find 10-20 freelancers as test. So how can I get 10-20 freelancers without having to post multiple same job post at once ?

I am very confused in how to find good freelancers here.

13 REPLIES 13
the-right-writer
Community Member

Yes. Upwork is hard core, pushing the chatbots to cover those with no skills. They encourage clients, as well as freelancers, to have the Chatbots write profiles, proposals, and the work. Isn't it just wonderful? Now it's easier than ever to scam on Upwork.

I can see many proposals from freelancers using AI and easily determined it's a spam hence just decline it right away.
But I don't see a feature to able to make auto job post and auto invite.

Use API. No site managed auto-spamming option here.

API functionality only exist for Client interaction.

The API documentation is publically accessible. Which is just silly in my opinion.  You only create APIs when you intend on allowing automated interaction.  You ABSOLUTELY do not make API documentation public until you can, at least with a high level of confidence, programatically prevent exploitation. 

But, yes client fucntionality can be automated, is more easily implemented than freelancer functionality, and both are automated and exploited to gain platform incentives, commit credit card fraud and for money laundering purposes.

Yes, it sounds crazy and "conspiracy theory" ish.   However, Upwork's 2022 yearly report to investors showed $25+ million in losses due to fraud and laundering in the financial audit section.

I just received a flag notification ticket from Upwork. The fact that I flooded the platform by keep posting the same job post because I was having trouble in finding frelancers for a particular skill. So I do not think it's allowed to spam Job post, or any other kind of spamming in terms of flooding the platform.

yofazza
Community Member

Well, I once reported those posts (not exactly yours), and as far as I know, none have been removed. Just know that what you were doing is (probably) actually okay 😂

You can tell them that you're only doing what they did; rotating!

As for AI job post, unless it's something else, I think they released it a for a few months already. I remember reading a report that it successfully changed the nature of at least one job. (I think I misunderstood)

rekasesh
Community Member

I used to report those JD posts, too, when they clogged up my search box.

I appreciate the ones who post frequently but space it like SM posts -- once or twice a day.

Can't  tell you how happy I am not  having to see the Chat GPT University posts anymore.

Should have kept my mouth shut for he/she is back after a month of clean job feed.

Upwork considers it a violation to keep posting the same job. Unfortunately, scammers use this as a way to scam more people. I'm shocked your ad was removed, and wonder why the rest aren't?

There are no automatic filters, Upwork says it relies on freelancers to flag scams. Therefore, someone has to look at it. I'm wondering if the job wasn't flagged by freelancers thinking it was a scam. If you explain to Upwork, you should be able to post again.

There are many scams on the platform. Everyone, client and freelancer, must assume everyone is a scammer until proven otherwise. There is no protection, everyone must learn about vetting and how to be safe.

Ironically, almost no single freelancer were think I was a scammer. Because my job post is always clear on the job description and how are they paid.

But problem here is, there's a feature where you can simply click and re-post it. So anyone would think it's not a violation thing to do. But then they said, that feature can only be clicked after the job closed. We would not know when it will be closed because impossibly to calculate manually 30 days just for this.

But problem here is, there's a feature where you can simply click and re-post it. So anyone would think it's not a violation thing to do. But then they said, that feature can only be clicked after the job closed. We would not know when it will be closed because impossibly to calculate manually 30 days just for this.

Upwork has work to do with instructions for clients, but I don't see them making it any clearer. I can understand why you are confused. Clients need to know all the rules, and the unwritten ins and outs for the betterment of clients and freelancers, as well as the platform.

yofazza
Community Member

I just heard of that 'handy' feature.

But you know you can close the job yourself, right? You can still do the 'rotation', and people who send proposals to the previous jobs will have their connects returned.

7bd0d548
Community Member

No I don't know if we can close it, why would you want to ever close it anyway. The more proposal are the better for the clients.

yofazza
Community Member

The freelancers' connects (credit/money) is returned if you close it. They (and Upwork) shouldn't complain anymore.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths