🐈
» Forums » Clients » Can I hire my “connections”?
Page options
booksist
Community Member

Can I hire my “connections”?

Hi everyone, I need advice and an official opinion from an Upwork rep.

Last year I stumbled upon a profile of a freelancer with a unique skill set, and I wanted to get in touch. But I still hadn’t started with my project, so I used the “connections” feature to contact her.

Now I need her help and would like to hire her, but since we’re already linked, does that mean I can no longer do so? I’m asking this because it looks like her JSS dropped, and I wouldn’t like to be accused of attempting feedback manipulation or something. So I thought it would be safer to hire her directly - BUT I found her on Upwork, so actually, I should hire her on the platform, right?

And now I’m totally puzzled. I either can’t or must hire her on Upwork. 😂

Please advise! Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
54972c3e
Community Member

It is possible to hire a freelancer you previously connected with on Upwork, as long as they are still active on the platform and available to take on new projects. If you would like to hire them, it is recommended that you do so through the Upwork platform in order to take advantage of its features and protections, such as payment protection and dispute resolution.

Regarding the drop in the freelancer's Job Success Score (JSS), this is normal and can be due to various reasons such as changes in the platform's scoring algorithm or a lower number of recent projects completed. However, it is important to maintain transparency and professionalism in all your dealings on the platform, including hiring and feedback.

I hope this answers your question and gives you the information you need to make an informed decision. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Valentina,

You can hire any freelancer you choose on Upwork. Make sure that you stay on Upwork during the whole process.

Did you have another question? Have a great day!

759e32fa

Hi Valentina,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like you already set up a client account. You can post a job (and modify the settings to "invite only" if you don't wish to receive proposals from other freelancers) and then invite her to apply. That's how you can hire her.

~ AJ
Upwork

You're welcome! I'm glad I could assist. Just to clarify, if you would like to hire the freelancer, you can post a job and then invite her to apply. By setting the job to "invite only," you can ensure that only she can submit a proposal for the job, and you won't receive applications from other freelancers. This is a great way to streamline the hiring process and ensure that you're able to work with the freelancer of your choice. Let me know if you have any other questions or need additional help

aditya-expert
Community Member

Hi,
You can invite her by posting job and you can invite also by invitation you will not receive  proposal 
In this way you can hire

Thanks
Aditya S.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths