🐈
» Forums » Clients » Can my freelancer see my Gmail address?
Page options
carlyannl
Community Member

Can my freelancer see my Gmail address?

I am looking to hire a freelancer to create a spreadsheet for me in Google Docs (this way I don't have to worry about viruses or malware in a downloaded file).  I noted in the posting that I was looking for someone skilled in Google Docs.  I narrowed it down to one candidate and confirmed that they knew how to share the file with me via my Gmail address, but it looks like my message might be "edited" - the part of the message where I shared my Gmail address is highlighted in red.  Is the email address visible to the freelancer?  If not, how can I tell them who to share the file with?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Carly,

The freelancer will see your full message including the email address you shared. The red highlight and the pop up message you may see are meant to familiarize Upwork users with messaging features and Upwork ToS.

~ Valeria
Upwork
dreamseller
Community Member

Just ignore the warning notification. 

You can share GMail address via message. 

It it advised to keep communication through Upwork and all the payments should go through Upwork only.

plz any one help me to find ny gmail which is connected to my this upwork account.I have my user name and password but forget security answer and gmail .

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. If you have any further questions please feel free to follow up on your support ticket and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths