cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download my files

Tina Z Member Since: Dec 26, 2017
1 of 11

Hi!

I can't download the files from my order and since it's my first time using upwork, I'm not even sure if it is a technical issue. I can click on them, then they open in a separate tab, but nothing else. I don't see a download button and the download doesn't start automatically? I'm using Chrome. Is there an issue or I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 11

Hi Tina,

Are you referring to files sent to you by the freelancer as milestone submission? Could you please go to Job, click on the name of the contract, go to Milestones and Payments and click on the milestone to view submitted files? Let us know if you are not able to access files that way.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Tina Z Member Since: Dec 26, 2017
3 of 11
Yes, the files are from a completed job and I access them as you mentioned. I can view them but I can't download them. I can only save them Using the right-click options, but I thought there should be a dedicated button or something. Is that an issue or am I supposed to do save them like that?
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 11

Hi Tina, 

I investigated this further with the Customer Support team and it looks like we have a bug affecting the files submitted in the contract. As per the team, it is meant to auto-download. They will create a ticket on your behalf and will escalate this to the Technical Support Team. 

-Avery
Untitled
Tricia H Member Since: Jan 29, 2017
5 of 11

I am having the same problem. I can't right click to Save or download. It opens the file in a new window only.

I am on the latest version of Chrome iOS.

Please help!

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 11

Hi Tricia,

Our team will contact you directly and assist you further with this, thank you!

Untitled
A Tree O Member Since: Oct 15, 2018
7 of 11
Hi, is there any resolution to this? I am having the same issue. All i’m Able to do is click on the link and it opens in a new window; no download option. I can right click to save the file but when I look at the saved file the dimensions have changed! Please help.
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
8 of 11

Hi there,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with gaining an access to  the files. Thank you.

Untitled
Jim R Member Since: Jan 20, 2019
9 of 11

I am also having exactly the same problem.

What do I do?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
10 of 11

Hi Jim, 

Have you tried clearing your cache, and cookies or used a different browser? Please share the notification/error that you get on your end so that we can look into this further.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS