🐈
» Forums » Clients » Client wants to schedule a meeting with an Up...
Page options
302fe8ee
Community Member

Client wants to schedule a meeting with an Upwork rep/manager

Hi, please expedite this request. 

My client wants to speak/schedule a meeting with an Upwork rep/manager and discuss the Upwork service fees being deducted on freelancers. 

Thank you! 

13 REPLIES 13
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "please expedite this request. My client wants to speak/schedule a meeting with an Upwork rep/manager and discuss the Upwork service fees being deducted on freelancers."

LOL

Yeah, we'll get right on that.

(I am joking, of course.)

Renz Aaron:

Honestly, if it was me... if a client asked me such a silly question, then I would just ignore it.

The same way I would politely ignore it if I worked at McDonald's and a patron asked me: "Will you please schedule a meeting with a McDonald's executive so we can discuss why the golden arches are yellow in your logo? I think the arches should be red."

But if you are feeling particularly helpful and nice... I suppose you could tell the client: "Henry, I asked about this in the Community Forum and I have verified that you may go there yourself, to community.upwork.com, and you may post any questions or comments or suggestions you have about the Upwork service fees."

302fe8ee
Community Member

Is there any way at all to speak to someone on Upwork through call? This is urgent and my client wants this task to be completed ASAP. 

re: "Is there any way at all to speak to someone on Upwork through call? This is urgent and my client wants this task to be completed ASAP."

Renz Aaron:

A "call" implies a phone conversation.

I can assure you that Upwork's customer support operations are not phone-centric.

It is not Upwork's intention that you call an executive or a manager at Upwork and discuss fees withheld from freelancer revenue.

Moreover, it is not Upwork's intention that the client who you are working with schedule a phone call with an Upwork executive or manager to discuss those fees.

And it is not Upwork's intention that you (a freelancer) arrange a meeting so that your client can discuss fees with an Upwork representative.

re: "This is urgent and my client wants this task to be completed ASAP."

This is not urgent.

This is not something that needs to be done ASAP ("as soon as possible").

If you or the client you are talking to want to know more about fees, you can read here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062538-Freelancer-Service-Fees

re: "This is urgent and my client wants this task to be completed ASAP. "

Could you please clarify what you are talking about?

a) My client wants me to schedule a meeting between him and an Upwork representative to discuss the fees withheld by Upwork from freelancer earnings. It is urgent that I do this.

b) My client has a specific task that he wants to hire me to do. That task is urgent. But before he hires me, he needs to talk to an Upwork representative about the fees withheld by Upwork from freelancer earnings.

c) Something else? (please clarify)

It would be option A. My client wants to schedule a call/meeting/phone conversation with an Upwork rep/manager in regards with the service fees of freelancers and of the client's.

This is the time where you tell your client to go away. Does this "client" want to pay you outside of upwork? Walk away as fast as you can. 

Renz Aaron F wrote:

It would be option A. My client wants to schedule a call/meeting/phone conversation with an Upwork rep/manager in regards with the service fees of freelancers and of the client's.

If the client needs their task to be completed ASAP, then they should go ahead and hire you, because no amount of discussions with Upwork is going to change the service charges. In any case, why don't they contact Upwork support themselves, instead of pressuring you about it?

I should think that your client would be thrilled to find a highly experienced recruitment consultant who charges $10/hour - service charges or no service charges - so personally, I would walk away from someone who was quibbling about it. 

Renz Aaron F wrote:

Renz, do you know the specific questions your client has? Perhaps you could outline those here, and we can help you in that instance. I highly doubt that a phone call is necessary or would even help. 

petra_r
Community Member

Renz Aaron F wrote:

There is no need. In fact, it's an absurd idea.

The fee paid by the freelancer is none of the client's business, and obviously you would never be so unprofessional to actually mention those fees to a client, would you?

And the small payment processing fee paid by the client is clearly pointed out. There is nothing to talk about.

So this is a job you were hired for? Talk about futility....

martina_plaschka
Community Member

There are only two options: use upwork or don't. There is no third discuss fees option. 

a_lipsey
Community Member

Renz Aaron F wrote:

Hi, please expedite this request. 

My client wants to speak/schedule a meeting with an Upwork rep/manager and discuss the Upwork service fees being deducted on freelancers. 

Thank you! 

The fees Upwork charges YOU should be of no concern to your client. And the client fees are minimal and amount to a service charge for using a credit card - 3%. 

Be a professional and tell the client that you account for all fees in your pricing, and they should not worry about it. 

deborah-ponzio
Community Member

Are you being paid to try organising such meeting? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths