🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer Cancelled Contract, Do not see my ...
Page options
f8602103
Community Member

Freelancer Cancelled Contract, Do not see my funds.

Freelancer cancelled our contract, yet I am not seeing my funds. Instead I actually see a credit memo saying I was billed for the contract by Upwork. I want to hire someone else in their place, but I shouldn't even have paid for the intial contract since it was cancelled by the freelancer....need help asap. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Peter:
When a freelancer ends a fixed-price contract, all of the money in escrow returns to the client. It goes back on the client's credit card automatically. Within 5 business days.

Peter:
I looked at every screenshot you posted. They all show that your funded escrow payment of $199 is going to be returned back to you. You are being credited with that amount. You don't need to do anything. Just wait for the money to go back to your funding account.

If you want to hire somebody else, you may do so immediately. You don't need to wait for the refund to be fully processed bak to your credit card. Whether you wait or don't wait is your choice to make.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Peter:
When a freelancer ends a fixed-price contract, all of the money in escrow returns to the client. It goes back on the client's credit card automatically. Within 5 business days.

Peter:
I looked at every screenshot you posted. They all show that your funded escrow payment of $199 is going to be returned back to you. You are being credited with that amount. You don't need to do anything. Just wait for the money to go back to your funding account.

If you want to hire somebody else, you may do so immediately. You don't need to wait for the refund to be fully processed bak to your credit card. Whether you wait or don't wait is your choice to make.

Thank you, I guess I was just confused. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths