🐈
» Forums » Clients » Contractor fails to deliver work, does issue ...
Page options
18eb1a81
Community Member

Contractor fails to deliver work, does issue refund, but then blocks me

The contractor essentially wasted 2 months of my time.

While a refund was issued, I would like to leave feedback for other potential clients.

However, the contractor has blocked me, and now I have no way of interacting or leaving any feedback.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
bobafett999
Community Member

So the upwork vending machine malfunctioned.  Be happy you didn't lose money.  Don't be spiteful.   Their karma will catchup on them.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "The contractor essentially wasted 2 months of my time. While a refund was issued, I would like to leave feedback for other potential clients. However, the contractor has blocked me, and now I have no way of interacting or leaving any feedback. Any suggestions?"

Do I have suggestions?

Yes.

Next time: Use best practices.

I KNOW that you feel disappointed by what happened.

But here is a "harsh truth" for you, if you want to achieve more success as an Upwork client.

The freelancer did not waste 2 months of your time.

Your project manager wasted 2 months of your time.

Your project manager made a mistake by hiring only one underperforming, non-delivering freelancer.

Your project manager should have hired a freelancer who has a proven track record working with you, and who you know will deliver on time. OR your project manager should have hired MORE THAN ONE freelancer.

As a client, I have hired 178 freelancers.

If I had been in charge of this project, I would have had the work done within a week.

Because I would have hired more than one freelancer. This makes it a "team project." As an experienced client, I know that not every hire works out. So I would not have assumed that I could achieve my results by hiring a SINGLE UNKNOWN freelancer.

The freelancer I hired who is the most "on the ball" would have finished the work.
Then, when the work was done, I would have closed all the contracts.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths