🐈
» Forums » Clients » Contractor not delivering work as negotiated
Page options
8b8e9e5a
Community Member

Contractor not delivering work as negotiated

I'm in bit of soup. For a 4 hour max task they estimated I had approved and mutually agreed on a week's timeline. Yesterday was supposed to be the final milestone and contractor has been promising work with absolutely none completed so far. I'm unsure how to proceed as I keep getting told that they have other work to attend to...I have given another extension till tomorrow but have received no response. Submitted funds into escrow but would prefer to terminate contract as there seems to be no interest in completing promised tasks.
Appreciate if anyone can guide me on how to proceed next as this is now getting very stressful.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Soma,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened. One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

If the freelancer has done nothing so far just end the contract when the final deadline expires, request your funds back and hire someone else.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Soma,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened. One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Many thanks for prompt response. Soon after this post I received email from contractor in response to my concerns. I'm optimistic that the new deadline will be met based on their recent notes on work that has started apparently. Fingers crossed for tomorrow 😃!
Latest Articles
Learning Paths