🐈
» Forums » Clients » Currently being scammed by chinese developer,...
Page options
gazifuadhasan
Community Member

Currently being scammed by chinese developer, need help, perhaps can catch this group.

Hi. i have been scammed in upwork. from a chinese developer. he gave to developers two tasks. I am new and dont understand about development of softwear much, BUt i do know about the money a little.  I also have very little knowledge about upwork client account payment policy. The developer is telling me that upwork will pay the hired freelancer when job is done and I don't need to  pay now. I dont understand how they will get paid. Why and how upwork is paying them after end of contract? Here as a employer , I jsut got invoice. I have pay those bill to upwork if upwork pays. How upwork is making sure that i am paying? He is trying to end contract this morning with those freelancer developer hired through my account. I didnt let him do that. I said let me check on the payment process of upwork first. One thing i am sure that i have to pay the due bill of invoice from upwork. But how if i dont have money in my account? He was telling that after this contract end upwork will pay the freelancer who worked for me and he will deliver that softwear to original owner and get paid, then he will pay me. what is the upwork's payment policy for short? please don't refer me to payment policy tab cause i already checked and didnt get my answer. There's two developers named

**Edited for community guidelines**are currently working now. Their account looks legitimate and older. Even they are connected with some other softwear group and one admin from that group is also connected in that job contract. 

I am sorry that i didnt inform this, now he is totally suspicious and acting rude but not understanding. I need help to catch this fraud if any. 

Please if you think i have done wrong let me go for this time, Its been a lesson to learn. I am new here and like many i fell into somekind of trap. please dont take any action against me for this time. Help me to solve this trouble. Please help me how can i get money safely from that chonese developer.

I can share more details. 

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Fuad,

Could you please send me a PM with more information so I can check this for you? If you can also include screenshots, that will be helpful. You can PM me by clicking on my name. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths