🐈
» Forums » Clients » Dispute with unresponsive freelancer
Page options
7e13a560
Community Member

Dispute with unresponsive freelancer

I hired a contractor on an hourly basis to do some CRM programming. The work seemed like it was working initially but as we began testing more it became apparent that their work was flawed and full of errors and fundamental design flaws that have rendered the entire system useless. Their solution was to charge me more to fix the issues. I ended the contract to stop them from charging my account. I'm now stuck with having spent over $2600 for a system that does not work. I filed a dispute with upwork and the freelancer did not respond within the 3 day window so upwork offered to give me $260 in credits toward future work. This is terrible as I have paid thousands of dollars for a system that is useless and upwork can't reach the freelancer. I have filed a complaint with my credit card company hoping that will resolve the issue and make all parties aware of the seriousness of the problem. 

5 REPLIES 5
spectralua
Community Member

Can you give more detail? It was fixed price contract, funds released? It is strange that you received only 10% from escrow.

4406e6df
Community Member

hello everyone,

I am here to want to know that is there any need to deposit first any fee for our payment? I was working with one upwork member who is mention his telegram id : **Edited for Community Guidelines**and his payment manager**Edited for Community Guidelines**who is working for **Edited for Community Guidelines** . I completed my work and submitted to them they asked me for deposit 40$ first to linking my account....

I regret bcz I know nobody is asked for deposit any fee for payment.... Is there any solution for these types of frauders ?

williamtcooper
Community Member

Sorry to hear your situation.

Consider using Milestones in the future and focus on experienced freelancers with a track record of great reviews.

bobafett999
Community Member

Yeah Bill, but I like to convert into their local currency.  I think $5/hr is lots of money in Pakistan

no its not..

Latest Articles
Learning Paths