1 of 15

I made a typo in the review and it read "fat" instead of "fast" 

can I edit this?

thanks!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 15

You have no button that will allow you to edit a review. The other party in the contract has a button that she can press which will allow you to make a one-time edit.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 15

Hi John,

Feel free to share this help article with your freelancer to help them enable you to change your feedback.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Anna P Member Since: Jun 27, 2018
4 of 15

Hello, I am seeking some community or upwork assistance re editing reviews which are a Must to be edited, and when contacting the other party is NOT an option.

There are 2 freelancers I have hired where I hurried to give 5 star reviews based on what appeared to be good work.  However in both cases the process involved the "after job". 

the Vanishing Attorney

this is an attorney I hired via upwork located in Eastern Europe who would file some crucial corporate documents for a company I managed in his location.... where payment was due after the succesful filing.  I was happy  initially, as he sent me the proof that he "filed" and our communication had been positive.  5 stars were awarded, he was active, easy going and seemed knowledgeble.  However, a few weeks after, it was found out  that the documents were either incomplete or wrongly filed.    I have tried to reach this attorney ever since in different ways, via upwork, phone, direct mail.  He seems to have been very busy with lots of work after my 5 star review, however my work is not done and due to this, I have incurrent penalities and difficulties in this foreign land.    I would like to at least take off my review or do "something" about it, as I have been  damaged by his lack of responsibility, silence and lack of professional conduit.   

The Lost in Translation Accountant

I hired an accountant  who seemed to have filed some very easy corporate taxes for one of the newer companies I manage. Not much to be done, I assumed an easy task.    All went ok, I paid her upon "filing".  Gave her the decent reviews.  A few days after I hear that the IRS file came back, and the accountant was not able to tell me why;  she alternatively asked me to personally call and see what happened.  Instead, I hired a new accountant on upwork who made the call, resent the documents and spent time to do a good job with follow up.  I was not able to make changes to my review to the initial accountant, she deserved in fact no stars.

I beleive that upwork is a great service, and when the job is straight forward and the end result could easily be assesed, the model works well.  However, as in the cases above, where the quality can only be assessed afterwards, the upwork system is not covering the potential liability towards a client.     

I am hoping you could advise me regarding my options for these 2 cases, especially the attorney, whose vanishing act  has been extremely damaging financially.   thank you 

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 15

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, Anna. I understand your situation, but the system unfortunately doesn't have a way of editing reviews other than what Valeria has noted above. I will send this as a suggestion to the team so that it can hopefully be considered in the future but would recommend closing contracts and leaving feedback once everything all related tasks of the contracts has been reviewed, and was used with no issues on your end. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Naem I Member Since: Mar 9, 2020
6 of 15

please add the option to edit reviews. i had a dev release an app to me and the payment was due. i paid and rated but unfortunately he did not release the source code and now i have a half-dead app that i cannot modify because he is blackmailing me for 400 USD bonus.  i still have a case open against him but i really need to change the review and warn people against him.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 15

Hi Naem, 

I'm sorry to confirm that this feature is not available on your end. Your freelancer will need to enable you to edit your feedback before you can update the feedback you left for the freelancer. In the future, I would recommend closing contracts and leaving feedback once all related tasks of the contract has been reviewed, and was used with no issues on your end. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Shraim D Member Since: Sep 21, 2020
8 of 15
I'm the client and having a similar situation where the freelancer was not honest and managed to submit work not as required. I paid him even a bonus as a courtesy and with good faith. It turned out that he misinformed me and wasn't honest in delivering the files needed. I need to change my positive review and warn the UpWork community from his deceitful tactics.

Please assist
Highlighted
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
9 of 15

Hi Shraim,

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with this freelancer. It's recommended to close the contract only once all the work agreed for that contract is delivered and reviewed by the client. That way both the client and freelancer can provide their honest feedback on the closed contract.

Feedback cannot be disputed and the Upwork team can't edit it unless it violates Upwork TOS. That said, the client and the freelancer can communicate to sort out any issues amicably. You can also request your freelancer to enable you to edit your public feedback, you can find the instructions on how to do this here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
Highlighted
Shraim D Member Since: Sep 21, 2020
10 of 15
Thanks for your email.
However, what being suggested here is totally not helpful!
When there is a case of deceit and ill faith, there is no way both parties
reach an amicable solution. I'm very disappointed to see that UpWork do not
care about this recurring issue that hurts clients and enables bad
freelancers. UpWork should step in at least and be able to look into such
claims, if the claims are correct and there is something wrong, UpWork
should terminate the wrong party from the template. As a client, I need to
have a way to submit complaints or disputes if needed. Giving me the right
to change my own review should be a given right, not something controlled
by someone else!
UpWork can fix this issue instead of letting your clients down each time
they are subjected to bad freelancers.
BTY, I couldn't terminate a contract that has no pending milestone
because the system is designed in a way that requires my review of the
freelancer immediately once I terminate the contract. Either I terminate it
and make a review or it cannot be terminated!

I'm very disappointed by this, and will be considering taking my business
somewhere else if my issues are not resolved.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS