🐈
» Forums » Clients » Edit or change messed-up milestones?
Page options
verbseattle
Community Member

Edit or change messed-up milestones?

OK, I think I may have messed up my freelancer's milestones! I fully funded the escrow account upfront to make sure the total amount was sitting there, but Upwork seems to think that was the milestone!

Because it was funded in full, it wiped out all the earlier milestones and instead made it look like I would be holding the entire amount until the project is completed--which is not the case. So I added in the three milestones my freelancer had originall created in her proposal, but now it thinks I'm paying double. 

Any idea how to get rid of that first, all-up milestone? I want to pay her in three increments as she has proposed--not make her wait until the end of the project!

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Anita,

What you can do is establish the 2nd and 3rd milestones after the 1st milestone is completed by the freelancer and you are ready to release payment on it. When releasing the first milestone you can release the amount that you and your freelancer agreed release for that particular milestone, not the entire balance. That will then leave a balance from which you can set up additional milestones (1 & 2) that will be funded by your escrow balance. So just to reiterate, once you click the green 'Pay' button when the work on the 1st milestone has been completed, it will present you with the option to edit the payment amount prior to releasing the funds, by clicking on the little pencil icon. You will then want to also select the 'Keep contract open' open so that you can add the additional milestones. Hope that helps!

~Nina
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths