🐈
» Forums » Clients » **Edited** - TOOK MY MONEY AND DID NOT DELIVE...
Page options
5f4c10ba
Community Member

**Edited** - TOOK MY MONEY AND DID NOT DELIVER MY PRODUCT

Hi All.

I am concerned, worried, and frustrated.

RESEARCH AND HIRING

I came to Upwork looking for help with something on my store.

I posted the job requirements

I interviewed different people and I shortlisted **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I checked the developer's past work. I got one of their past clients to share the experience and that client endorsed this developer.

I selected the developer based on the info available.

WORK TIME

All project requirements have been communicated in writing and in a call with this team

Work started early October.

They assured me via Whatsapp that everything was ok and they are doing work.

Meanwhile, they shared with me work that can be described as (LOW QUALITY)

Ignore the quality: the requirements DO NOT MATCH the work produced at all.

Deadline 1: They missed the deadline because of Diwali.

I extended the deadline from Oct 27 to Nov 7

THEY MISSED THE DEADLINE AGAIN

WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW?

They collected my money for 4 weeks.

5f4c10ba_0-1668069396734.png

They did not deliver the work "I have nothing to show here but testing screenshots"

5f4c10ba_3-1668069569897.png

The testing theme environment got deleted from my store

• They are harassing me
  • They are blackmailing me
  • They also accused my management of deleting the theme

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

And they removed me from the whatsApp group.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

and NEVER apologized for the delays or showed a good-natured/professional attitude.

I was always nice and accommodating (MY FAULT)

NOW WHAT?

I have raised a ticket to Upwork support.

Not sure what will come out of that.

I NEED SOME ADVICE ON HOW TO MOVE FORWARD

Has anyone ever had this experience before? and what did you do about it?

PLEASE HELP.

11 REPLIES 11
yofazza
Community Member

I'm wondering, did **Edited for Community Guidelines** boosted their proposal? Was it placed at the top?

5f4c10ba
Community Member

I am unable to verify that. As of now, I don't see a boost.

yofazza
Community Member

I mean at the beginning, when you "shortlisted" the incoming proposals. Did the proposal position affect your decision?

Did you put more interest to proposals at the beginning of the list, or in other words, put less interest to the ones at the bottom?

I know you've done some research and even contacted a previous client so I'm wondering why.

I'm not sure if I can give any good news, let's wait for other user's respond. You can surely try to dispute the payment.

5f4c10ba
Community Member

Radia L wrote:

I mean at the beginning, when you "shortlisted" the incoming proposals. Did the proposal position affect your decision?

Did you put more interest to proposals at the beginning of the list, or in other words, put less interest to the ones at the bottom?

I know you've done some research and even contacted a previous client so I'm wondering why.

I'm not sure if I can give any good news, let's wait for other user's respond. You can surely try to dispute the payment.

I don't think that's the case. They were not the only agency I was checking on. So, Boosted or Position of the proposal did not affect the selection. 

Regarding the "good news", I really hope that UPWORK protects the client's interest.

I did file for a dispute, but it got rejected and the agency collected that last payment.

re: "I did file for a dispute, but it got rejected and the agency collected that last payment."

Never file a dispute. That is reactive.

Instead: Be proactive.

Fire an underperforming freelancer before paying him a bunch of money.

PradeepH

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to learn about your experience. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Mike: I'm very sorry you had a bad experience while using Upwork.

Your goal should be to learn how to use the Upwork tool correctly so that you don't have something like this happen again.

I have hired over 180 freelancers on Upwork.
I never need to contact Customer Support to manage freelancers and contracts.

Because I know what buttons to click.

You have the SAME BUTTONS.

You need to learn how to click the right buttons. Then you won't have situations in which you lose money because a freelancer gets paid and doesn't deliver.

If you don't know how to go about doing this, ask questions in this thread. Don't rely on Customer Support. Rely on yourself.

Understood and thanks for the feedback.

mr1996
Community Member

Plz, Contract the Upwork support team by creating a ticket when they ask for proof please provide all the necessary information so you have it. Hopefully, Your problem will be solved.

0d693cd2
Community Member

Mike, I suggest you post a smaller task as a test to find a developer. Hire, test and keep or fire.

If you post a bigger job and commit to an untested developer for a bigger project, you are stuck.

PS, I don;'t use Agencies ever. Other might have a different expierence, but I like a 1 human to be committed to task /project.  When you have an agency, who is managing your work?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths