🐈
» Forums » Clients » Ended A Contract With Funds Remaining In Escr...
Page options
9e459c33
Community Member

Ended A Contract With Funds Remaining In Escrow, But I Want To Release Them

Basically, I ended the contract thinking it would allow me to release the funds in that process (the text said it would allow me to), but it turns out it doesn't. The issue is that it's requesting a refund, but I don't want a refund, I want to give the freelancer the rest of their payment. 

As a side note, when I go to view the refund request and press cancel, nothing happens. It doesn't cancel the request, it just brings me back to the previous page.

The fear the freelancer and I both have is that, if she disputes the request (which will then allow me to accept and pay her), it will hurt her success rate or reflect negatively upon her, which we don't want.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Bat,

I can see that you have already requested an Escrow refund from the freelancer. Once the freelancer approves, this will return the remaining funds in Escrow back to you. This will not refund your payment to the freelancer. For more information, please check out this help article. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
9e459c33
Community Member

Hey Joanne,

So, the issue I'm having is that I don't want the money refunded to me. I must have made a mistake while ending the contract and accidentally didn't release the remaining funds to the freelancer. Basically, I still owe them half the payment, but it's currently in limbo. I just want to make sure she receives the full payment as there should be no request for a refund on my end.

The cancel button on the request does nothing and the worry is that, if she disputes the request, it shows up negatively on her profile. 

Hi Bat,

Thanks for following up. I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths