🐈
» Forums » Clients » Excel workbook collaboration
Page options
a8770310
Community Member

Excel workbook collaboration

I need English to Japanese translation work done on an Excel spreadsheet, but would like to monitor freelancer's progress on daily basis, so I could give her feedback. What would you suggest I do, create a Google Sheet, or Microsoft 365 share, and grant freelancer access to that, or have the file on Dropbox and have her work off that? What would be the most efficient way to accomplish this?
2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Nalial P wrote:
I need English to Japanese translation work done on an Excel spreadsheet, but would like to monitor freelancer's progress on daily basis, so I could give her feedback. What would you suggest I do, create a Google Sheet, or Microsoft 365 share, and grant freelancer access to that, or have the file on Dropbox and have her work off that? What would be the most efficient way to accomplish this?

As a translator, I would find that very distracting. Many translators tend to have a workflow where they go over their translation several times, so the first version is merely a draft. I would go nuts if I had a client hovering over a document I am working on while I am still working on it.

That's why I always copy any text out of any online document and work on it on my own machine. I then hand it over when it's done.

You could set daily milestones and have the freelancer submit work on a daily basis, if the freelancer is OK with that.

2a05aa63
Community Member

If you don't trust someone that much that you have to babysit them to this stage, it's not working together.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths