🐈
» Forums » Clients » Expert is unresponsive
Page options
d437c398
Community Member

Expert is unresponsive

Hello all,

We're new to this community. Sadly, the first experience with upwork has been very dissapointing. The expert we hired has delayed the project delivery by two weeks and still not delivered. They are unresponsive and holding the project hostage at their end. We have dealines to meet and we cannot do anythign since they have already charged us 95% of the amount because we opted for the weekly billing cycle instead of fixed amount model. Lesson learnt. Is there anything that can be done to pursuade he expert to wrap up and deliver the project? TIA.

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Meghna,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
d437c398
Community Member

Thanks Pradeep. Looking forward to resolution.

You're welcome, Meghna. I see that the team has already reached out to you via a support ticket and forwarded your case to the Mediation team. One of our team members from the Mediation team will reach you as soon as possible. You can view and respond to support tickets herePlease do not hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Meghna:

You are doing this wrong.

Upwork can't help you, not really.

This isn't about the freelancer. This is about the client.

You are putting the needs of one undeserving freelancer ahead of your own needs, and the needs of the project.

Don't do that.

Instead:

Put your project first.

Hire more than one freelancer. Continue working only with the freelancers who are most productive. Fire the rest.

ghiemdeleon
Community Member

I suggest that before you hire an "expert" freelancer(s) give them a test file/job.. I will say that majority of the freelancers that will apply will say that they are expert even though they are not, I recommend that you add the test file/job on your job posting and entertain only those who deliver what you need.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths